The Old Community

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gsusfreek

The Old Community

Post by gsusfreek »

I was wondering, will the blender community ever be restored to the way it was with NaN? It was handy to go to the community and be able to see new tutorials, community journals, etc. If there's no more community area of that sort, will there ever be any more community journals? Thanx!

Because of Christ's death,
the GsusFreek

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

As it is right now, the Blender Foundation simply doesn't have enough resources to be able to run the community services as they were before with NaN. Not to worry though, because that role has been pretty much taken by elysiun.com. There have been a few community journals there since NaN's shutdown. As for new tutorials, all that needs is for someone to write them, I guess. There hve been a few user-written tutorials posted in the forums of elysiun.com over the past few months.

Schlops

All the stuff and more...

Post by Schlops »

Heyho!

Take a look at http://www.elysiun.com. CJs from time to time (Hey Goofster, how about a new one? :twisted: ), excellent artwork and excellent people.
Stay Rude!

Goofster

Post by Goofster »

hmmm, that evil smiley should be banned from here :)
I'm not the one to "make" another CJ. I need content. so if you feel like writing something, that's the best way to kickstart a CJ :)

Roel

joeri

Post by joeri »

So what about somebody (php sql freak) write some open CJ thingy?
Peops write articles, send in pictures, etc. And then some editorial peops say yeah and nay to submitted articles and "release" a CJ every 2 weeks?

cool idea huh?

-Joeri