Development information

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Lord.M

Development information

Post by Lord.M »

Some one could help me on how I can develop some plug-in for Blender? Were are information of development (like SDK) or the source code?

Where the information about file .blend structure?

I'd like to make plug-in to import export some skin of classic game QIII, HF, The Sims... ;)

Help me please!

hypereyes

Post by hypereyes »

You can obtain the source by clicking on the CVS link in the navigation menu on the left hand side. As far as developing plugins, I am new to Blender myself so hopefully someone else will chime in to help you out. If you are looking to import models and such, you might focus your research on using the Python facilities within Blender. There are a number scripts out there that already do import/export to various formats like VRML, 3ds, etc...

Good Luck

Mats78

Post by Mats78 »

I believe the developer team is still figuring out how blender works, so not much info is easily available. Of course you can get the source and start pounding your way through it but somehow that seems like an awful lot to do if you just want to play with game models. Python scripts might be the answer. Of course if you're in to programming go study the source! and try figure it out, there are some help files that should help getting it compiled and sort-of-working. I managed to do it - and if you knew my programming skills you'd be amazed about that =)

Lord.M

Post by Lord.M »

Thanks to all of you I get the source and I don't think (stupid!! :roll: ) to Phyton....

I'm studing this language and I have some skill on C++ so I wanted to try to make some simple like import. I download all the documentation (or so I belive) on the site...

If anyone there has other precious suggestion I'm here to heard!