Blender "Sprint" in Innsbruck (update 21.6.2006)

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jm

Post by jm » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:56 pm

We spoke with pildanovak about UDP synchronization. We both have an axperience with this setup.
That's pretty simple and functional. If you have enough PCs or less PCs with graphics cards each with two outputs...btw nvidia is only way how to set it up...I have bad experiencies with ATI and none experiencies with other brands,But NVidia that's something else. NVidia has native two screen stitching(not every types) and more usefull features for cave setup.

xype

Post by xype » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:15 am

I'll know more about the deadlines etc later this week (or hopefully next week). I think by mid to end of July we should know who will or who wont participate.

Thanks for the info about the nVidia cards, I was about to suggest those anyway (new computers are being bought, too, afaik) as I hear they have better supported Linux drivers.

Lorca

Post by Lorca » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:11 pm

Hey it is next week! :D

What about deadlines and procedings? :wink:
"First they ignore you, then they lough at you, then they fight you. And then... you win."

M. Gandhi

Olm-Z

Post by Olm-Z » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:07 pm

hi-

I'm quite interrested by this topic, as I'm conducting a project in that direction too... ( as an art installation research project )

But my approach I think is quite different : I try to use only 2 projectors and a system of anamorphosys to achieve view coverage, so no network is neccessary (good ATI cards do the trick too ;) )...

The only thing I need for the moment is a way to achieve a "render to texture" in the BGE for the anamorphosis effect ... so basicaly I'm waiting for the Ogre plugin to be available ...

so ... as I'm not coder but more hacker-artist, I'm not sure to be of any help with your 6 unit cave, but in reverse, your result could help with general blender synchronisation accross network ...

(tell me if I'm wrong ... )

my last "finished" project on wich I'm rebuilding the basis on free software is here (maybe on a buggy page) : http://aethera.outthere.be

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:51 am

A bit late to mention this, but this might have been a good idea to mention to the bf-committers list - Hos and Sirdude are both experienced coder blenderheads, but there are a number of individuals such as jesterking and joeri who also have verse coding experience. I don't think there are many who are verse and GE knowledgable though, the GE coder pool (C++) is pretty small (email erwin and he could forward the email to the active coders there are about 5 I think for the GE).

LetterRip

pildanovak

Post by pildanovak » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:04 pm

xype, could you send me information if you count with my participation, and more details where when to come etc.? My email is pildanovak(at)post(dot)cz

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:57 pm

LetterRip wrote:..., but there are a number of individuals such as jesterking and joeri who also have verse coding experience. ...
I think you mean jiri :)

/Nathan

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:41 pm

hehe,

yep i did indeed mean jiri, doh!

LetterRip

xype

Post by xype » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:42 am

Sorry it took so long (vacations, slow organizational progress, etc), the Blog is finally online and will be filled up with information regarding the Sprint in the coming days.

http://blog.blendersprint.org/

I am also directly mailing the people who showed interest and will keep you updated.