Question about multiple rendering

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Drigovas

Question about multiple rendering

Post by Drigovas » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:54 am

Hello, Blender is great, and easy to use and all, and has thus become my prefered method of creating the artwork for my projects. I'm not totally sure if this is where this goes, but this problem is literally killing my schedual, and it would be great to get a bit of advice.

There's a problem though, the actual creation is a breeze [compared to 3dsmax that is, which is my point of reference], but the rendering is a huge pain. My specific need is to render each and every scene from 64+ slightly different, but static camera angles, and switching from one camera to anothre with ctrl+num0 is what i'm doing now, and I'll tell ya, its slow. Very slow, especially considering the volume of frames I end up rendering. There isn't much a point of having all 64 cameras right where i need them if i have to switch between them manually like this, for every single frame i shoot.

Okay, so is there anyway to render from all my cameras at once? Just a single shot, throw them into output files, and let me get on with the next frame. Consumed about 3 hours of the 5 hours I just spent rendering, switching between cameras and shooting the same thing over and over. This would be a HUGE time saver. Thanks in advance!

kakapo

Post by kakapo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:48 am

it could be automated with a python script.

MrMunkily

Post by MrMunkily » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:44 pm

a really fast & dirty way of doing in would be to set a keyframe with the camera in each desired position at every frame. then just render out an animation as an imag sequence, and get it all rendered that way.

Naturally this is a terrible idea if you've got movement in your scene or need to use motion blur or anything like that.

but this is probably a question for blenderartists, rather than blender.org

Drigovas

Post by Drigovas » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:08 am

Sorry about posting in the wrong spot then. Something similar to the keystone method is what I'm using now, and its a little bit faster than doing it by hand, but still pretty slow. Looks like i'm going to have to learn python. Thanks for the help though.