Lighting Problem (linux version)

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

BIGtrouble77

Lighting Problem (linux version)

Post by BIGtrouble77 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:02 pm

What's suppoed to happen when I try to render a cube when no lights exist? I assume, like 3dsmax, that the scene should enable some sort of default lighting. That doesn't appear to be happening as my cube just renders black if I don't create some lights.

Also, what's the best way to reset blender to default settings? I tried deleting the .blender folder, but my changes were not affected. I had to change some of the settings or I would have lost my mind (right click to select an object???).

Finally, I have 2.41 and 2.42 configured on my system. I assume they both share the same .blender folder. Is that going to create problems?

Thanks,
-BT

sten

Post by sten » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:22 pm

load Blender, do CTRL+U and answer OK? Save User defaults, then close Blender and locate .B.blend file...then delete that file...it is usually located in .blend/ folder...then when you loaded Blender again, you can create a new default .B.blend and try other settings...

and yes, you need a light, and World colour make the default cube (without light) to render black on a blue background

this is a user question and should probably fit best in a userforum, not in this developerforum, go here to find a proper one:
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Community.19.0.html

also, a pretty big userbase community is www.blenderartists.org, you are welcome there!

I hope it helped

edit:
Oh I forgot you were on linux...the .B.blend might also exist in the homefolder as hidden since it is a dot before the B

good luck!

BIGtrouble77

Post by BIGtrouble77 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:43 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I debated where to ask this question. I stuck it here because of the question about the two builds sharing the same config file.

Thanks again,
-BT