shaded model with wire frame

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

koob

shaded model with wire frame

Post by koob »

I'm really pleased to see this feature in blender 2.6, it was definately something that needed adding! I was just wondering (maybe it's not really feasible) whether it would be possible to change the thickness of the wire? Guess I'm just being fussy but I think it would be much better if it had more definition. Anyone else think that?

kroopson

Post by kroopson »

everything I need right now is making backfaced vertices invicible

Jamesk

Post by Jamesk »

From what little I know about OpenGL programming, it should be pretty easy to make the lines thicker. Perhaps even really easy.

And hidden line removal - pleeeeeeze!

kroopson

Post by kroopson »

what I meant is something like "ignore backfacing" option from 3dsMax
When I have a complex mesh then aditing it is a horror, because it often happens to me, that when I'm trying to select some vertices I'm selecting vertices from the other side of the mesh...

that gest me frustrated :shock:

Jamesk

Post by Jamesk »

I'd hope that 'ignoring' and 'culling' go hand in hand. A vertex that is not visible would naturally not be selectable either. But then again, I've been modeling in Wings almost exclusively since... eh... dunno... a long time now, and it already works like that =)

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse »

I agree, that would make modeling a lot less confusing. (the hide backfaces/vertices/etc thingy)