Cartoon Lines

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

VanHeber

Cartoon Lines

Post by VanHeber »

Hi, How can I render cartoon lines around each material into a object?

I have see (below) an old tip in Blender wiki to do is, but "unified render button" don´t exist anymore.

"Edge Renderings

Blender has an option of adding a border-an edge to objects (like in cartoons). To do that you need to go to the render buttons (F10) and then, under "output" change the edge setting: set the "Eint" to a value of about 100 and check the "edge" icon to enable edge rendering. This would give you edge line at the edge of each polygon. To prevent it from applying on all polygons the same way change to "unified render" under the format tab. Then, in the edge settings change the "antishift" value, it will decrease itself from the fint value when the line is between identical materials. By also checking the "all" icon you tell the render to apply the edge rendering on transparent materials as well."

How to reproduce this now?
I like something like this: (See the lines inside object in the edges of each material)

Thanks

indigomonkey

Post by indigomonkey »

Due to the rewriting of the render code, the Unified Render button isn't necessary any more. It should just work if you follow the rest of the instructions (I believe - I didn't check them too carefully).

Oh, in future, I'd use http://www.blenderartists.org - this is more of a developers' forum.

Also, the official wiki has a very good manual.

VanHeber

Post by VanHeber »

Thanks!
But really I don´t see in the "edge settings" dialog box the options:
"Antishift value"
and Icon "All"

Where in the world blender is now?