Render Path Blender Mac OSX

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kukiwon

Render Path Blender Mac OSX

Post by kukiwon »

Hi,

I'm using my Macbook for rendering animations in blender. I know that on a Windows pc you can just copy your rendered animation from your C:/tmp folder. But on my mac, I can't find this map anywhere and when I try to change the path for my temporary map, nothing happens. I can actually see the files in the standard tmp map in Blender itself but I can't find them in OSX.

Did anyone have this problem before?
I'm just a n00b so...

Anyway thanks in advance,

Jordy van Kuijk

xiephoire

Makeshift way to do it...

Post by xiephoire »

Support on this topic is rare, so I'm just going to tell you how it works. For some reason, blender saves rendered animations in a PRIVATE directory, called tmp. Just like on Windows machines, it renders to /tmp (C:\tmp). You cannot access it regularly, though. I've found that it can be accessed through the terminal. Here's how to do it. When on the Desktop, press Cmd-F to open the finder application. In the upper right corner, type into the search bar "terminal". Press [enter]. When an application called terminal with an icon resembling a monitor shows up, double click that (you should probably drag it onto your dock for easy access in the future.

Okay, once you're in, type this, but remember when I put something in brackets [] I'm referring to a key on your keyboard and not literal material to put into the prompt (and remember that spaces are important!):
------------------------------
cd /tmp [enter]

ls [enter] (displays the contents of the folder. I can see that my animation is called 001.mov)

cp 001.mov ~/Desktop [enter] (moves your file to the Desktop)

exit [enter]
-----------------------------
And you should be good. The file should appear on your desktop.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

When you've solved this, for any next project, set your output path in the render settings (F10), left-most panel.

/Nathan

macfan777

Post by macfan777 »

Using the Terminal for this is sort of a hack-solution, just go to Go - Go to Folder in the Finder (or type Shift-Cmd-G), type /tmp and hit enter. Only thing is if you navigate away from it you have to go to the Go to Folder command again (unless you put it in the sidebar - that's the easiest way to get to it easily!) This works for all hidden folders, by the way. :)