anybody knows how to remove the small black blocks?

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

cnwesleywang

anybody knows how to remove the small black blocks?

Post by cnwesleywang »

I am using Fedora 8 and blender 2.4.5 with ThinkPad T60(ATI Mobility Radeon X1300), I am using the blender internal render engine, and don't know why so may noise small blocks in the render result like this:

somebody help me.[/img]

SaltyOREO

Post by SaltyOREO »

that is pretty weird, try changing textures and see if it still does that. I am thinking it is the texture messing up.

You can also download YAFRAY and see if it still does that. But i think that yafray makes your textures get reset so you have to re do them if you didnt use UV editor

cnwesleywang

Post by cnwesleywang »

SaltyOREO wrote:that is pretty weird, try changing textures and see if it still does that. I am thinking it is the texture messing up.

You can also download YAFRAY and see if it still does that. But i think that yafray makes your textures get reset so you have to re do them if you didnt use UV editor
Thanks SaltyOREO, after change to another texture,the black blocks disappeared! Or if I change to YAFRAY render engine, it disappeared also. or I just reboot to winxp and use the blender for windows and same texture same blender internal render engine, the noise also gone.

Still I am not sure what's the main problem of this noise,but anyway, I have so many choice to remove the noise,so thanks again.

NielsBlender

Post by NielsBlender »

cnwesleywang,

If you indeed used two exact versions of Blender, than it's most likely in the compiler-settings... for example choosing /fp:fast instead of /fp:precise

Niels

SirDude

Post by SirDude »

If your using a texture plugin, try setting the number of threads to 1.
texture plugins are not currently thread safe.

cnwesleywang

Post by cnwesleywang »

SirDude wrote:If your using a texture plugin, try setting the number of threads to 1.
texture plugins are not currently thread safe.
I know nothing about texture,I m a newbie of blender. but I do set the threads to 2, change to 1 have no influence with this issue.

cnwesleywang

Post by cnwesleywang »

NielsBlender wrote:cnwesleywang,

If you indeed used two exact versions of Blender, than it's most likely in the compiler-settings... for example choosing /fp:fast instead of /fp:precise

Niels
I am just using the standard version provided by Fedora 8 Team, and the windows version provided by the official website。 I m not sure what's the default configuration they choose,but anyway ,thanks.