Yaf(a)ray working with Win XP 64 bit?

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

whoehl

Yaf(a)ray working with Win XP 64 bit?

Post by whoehl »

Dear all,

I am using Blender 2.48 with Python 2.54 and Win XP 64 bit.

Starting the Yafray Export Script unfortunately I get following Traceback:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File "C:\Program Files\BlenderFoundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\ctypes.py", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name Structure
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how to fix that?

For a short message I will be thankful looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Friendly Regards
whoehl

Patrick Latour

Post by Patrick Latour »

Hi,

I have exactly the same setup then you. I resolved this problem by playing with the permissions of a folder. I do not remember exactly which folder but I know that it was a permission matter. Let me check and if I remember I will post back here.

jimmimak

Post by jimmimak »

Me too, I also have Windows XP x64-bit, and have the same error message. I was wondering also, does blender work with the 64-bit version of python? or will this confuse it further? I would also like to know how to get YafRay to work, as I get an error message for this as well. Rendering in 64 bit would be cool.

Cooper

Post by Cooper »

I had same issue on WinXP 32bit. Resolved by installing Python 2.5.2 - had 2.6 originally.

hiyakoh

yafray and yaf(a)ray

Post by hiyakoh »

hello there, yafray is my tool in rendering, i usually practicing yafray 0.9 for a year now, but im still not that good at it... is yafray and yaf(a)ray differs from each other? how does it differs? sorry hehe.. im too lazy to find it on my own,thanks! :P

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

http://www.yafaray.org I'm to lazy to quote from that site ;P

/Nathan