Physics Simulation Not Rendering

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Cloudwalker8

Physics Simulation Not Rendering

Post by Cloudwalker8 »

I've been working with blender for about a week now and have managed to produce a simple animation for use in a school project. However I've come up against a problem with rendering the physics simulation. Basically the simulation works fine (the ball falls ) when it is baked and plays back fine with Alt-A. It also produces an IPO curve for the object which would seem to correspond fine to the simulation.
However when rendered the camera moves along its IPO curve but the ball just stays there. What could be causing this as I've been trying for ages to sort this out.

Also what would be the correct Logic setting (eg. Static, Dynamic etc.) for cloth that is stationary but is involved in collisions (like a trampoline). Making it Dynamic just causes it to fall under gravity even though it has been pinned along the edges by weight paint.

In case anyone needs more info to help out the .blend file is here:-
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NXOV29AS

Master Letch

Post by Master Letch »

I looked at you blend file and it may seem wierd... but I found no cloth object (mabey baking was not succesful). but your ball does indeed fall according to its ipo. nothing was out of the ordinary... although you should probably get a better angle in the render...

and if you could go into animation... (up at the top where it normally says "2-Model") you can see the ipos and you might want to use "clean ipo" to get rid of the repetitive keys...

other then that... nothing really wrong with any of it
M. Letch

Cloudwalker8

Thanks

Post by Cloudwalker8 »

Thanks for the reply; the plane the ball falls on should have been the cloth and on mine it does bend like cloth when simulated.
I'm thinking the problem could be Blender losing the simulation data as after rendering it loses the bake cache and the simulation has to be rebaked.
Could this be because the data is stored the /tmp directary and is being overwritten? If so how can I change where the blend cache is stored?

Master Letch

Post by Master Letch »

well usually the cache is stored with the blend file... but when there is no saved blend file it goes to the tmp
M. Letch