VSE Rendering from the command line

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

rincewind23

VSE Rendering from the command line

Post by rincewind23 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this is an RTFM question - I have RTFMed and Googled without any luck.

I'm using Blender just for the VSE - to edit together some screen captures I did for a demo for work, basically I want to use blender instead of Camtasia (it's expensive and I don't like the way it works anyway).

I've edited down the video and audio so now my demo plays how I want it. I need to be able to render the sequence into multiple different formats, so I'd like to use the command line so I can render into multiple formats with one script.

The problem I'm having, is that when I try to render my project, it's rendering the default 3D project (the lit cube), rather than my video/audio clips on the VSE timeline.

Is there some way to render the sequence, instead of the 3D scene?

Cheers,
KEv.

rincewind23

Post by rincewind23 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks for the link. Checking back on what I originally posted though, my explanation was a bit off.

What I'm trying to do is duplicate what I can do with the GUI (which I already have working, as explained in the documentation) but reproduce it from the command line.

When I run my project from the command line, for example:

blender -b myproject.blend -a -o //output -x 1 -F AVIRAW

It renders the cube, and not my VSE timeline.

I'm sure I'm missing an option, but "blender -h" doesn't mention anything about VSE.

Is there an extra option I need to render my VSE timeline instead of the 3D proiject? Like I said before, I've checked the documentation and googled a lot without any success.

Cheers,
KEv.