Unable to start blenderplayer

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

petrus250

Unable to start blenderplayer

Post by petrus250 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi guys,
I am running blender 2.60 on ubuntu 11.04 and I cannot playback rendered animations. I get an error as follows when I click 'Play Back Rendered Animation'
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/44637
thanks,
petrus250
w00t blender + Ubuntu

elersong

same

Post by elersong » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:44 am

I'm having this problem too. So far, there seem to be three of us. I'm going to continue searching through this forum to see if there are any more.

elersong

maybe a solution?

Post by elersong » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm still a noob, so maybe someone will read this and criticize, but I've found something that kinda works for me to be able to watch my animation renders.

When you set up the output in the render panel, you're going to have to set up in a way that works for your computer. I've found that all of the output methods are not equal, and my computer cannot understand them all. Quicktime seems to be the only type that works for me. Noted, my world background settings don't work, but the lights, camera, actor, materials, and textures all work fine.

All I have to do is open the file from the output folder, and I can watch the video in quicktime.

It's not the blenderplayer, but it lets me watch the render. :/

Droghio

Post by Droghio » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Not much help, but I think I might now the problem.

It looks like blender is trying to activate its player, but as weird as it sounds it can't find the path to itself.

Playing with terminal alot I get the the "there is no file or directory such and such" warning often.

My advice would be to look at your settings, there might be a setting to change the animation, oh look, this is promising, under the User Preferences under file there is a link to Animation engines, mine is blank but you might be able to select your blender player to run. No promises but it may help.

elersong

Post by elersong » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:20 am

It seemed promising, but I got nothing. Tried each one separately, and got the same type of error for each one. But I did notice that the viewer is Blender version 2.4. Is there a chance that the 2.6 isn't compatible with the 2.4 version's viewer for some reason?