Objects Rendering Black

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

freelance77

Objects Rendering Black

Post by freelance77 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Hello everyone....first time poster.

Recently I have had an issue with objects in my model rendering black. If you look in the screenshots I have supplied, you notice that the yellow ball is well lit. This was put in for a demonstration object, but also please notice the front of the church in the background. (brown coloring)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt4zn3cgm5lxy ... 1%20AM.png

In the render screenshot you'll see that the ball, and many parts of the church are not rendering--and appearing black. When the materials are compared, the brown parts of the building next to it and the church front are identical in properties.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/74upqrd309m2i ... 9%20AM.png

I am mightely confused, and any help on how to resolve this would be appreciated. I am operating on a MAC 3.2 GHz Quad-COre Intel Xeon at 8GB 1066 Mhz Memory.

Thank you! :cry:

Chavar

Re: Objects Rendering Black

Post by Chavar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:44 am

I'm not entirely sure whats going on in your scene that could cause that. I did notice that in your .blend file layer 5 isn't empty, so maybe check whats on it, (could it be the ball? If it is, that would have implications for rendering options and the "light this layer only" option for lights.)

I would need to examine your .blend file to have a more clear understanding.

All the best.

freelance77

[Solved]

Post by freelance77 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks Chavar,

I posted this to another forum (with a file), and someone informed me that I had a material in the Render/Layer property tab that was set to override all materials on the layer. No way you could have diagnosed that without the file, so thank you for your effort.