Render Crashing.

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

CRASHxtrm

Render Crashing.

Post by CRASHxtrm » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Im trying to render a simple scene,and while loading the infos for render Blender stops responding......

I was following this tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54wZ3qQi ... DWjF4g56Qc

It crashes before the last cuts....I haven't change anything to any options on Blender.

When on "Rendered" view the scene seems fine,except when i press "0",then i only see pixels threw the camera in "Rendered view" .

Can you explain me what this is,or give me a solution because i really want to get started with Blender and do huge things,but i have to know that the program is responding....:P

Its not a PC issue for sure,i have an excellent pc,Motherboard is around 60% and 61c when crashing and RAM is around 2.31.....so everything runs smooth....
Angels Call My Name

Tehrasha

Re: Render Crashing.

Post by Tehrasha » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:15 am

CRASHxtrm wrote:Im trying to render a simple scene,and while loading the infos for render Blender stops responding......

It crashes before the last cuts....I haven't change anything to any options on Blender.
Ok, we are going to need more technical information about your crash.
Did it truly stop responding, or is it just busy?
Did it 'crash' or did you give up on it for taking too long?

If it is crashing, you will want to launch Blender from a command prompt and see if it spits out any helpful information when it dies.
When on "Rendered" view the scene seems fine,except when i press "0",then i only see pixels threw the camera in "Rendered view" .
KPD-0 toggles between 3d-view and camera view, this is normal.
Its not a PC issue for sure,i have an excellent pc,Motherboard is around 60% and 61c when crashing and RAM is around 2.31.....so everything runs smooth....
Apart from proving that your CPU fan is running, these numbers are meaningless for troubleshooting.

Making some assumptions on the meaning of those numbers...
The fact that the CPU is at 60% would suggest that it is busy doing -something- and not just stalled in a 'Not Responding' state.

Windows likes to put 'Not Responding' in the titlebar of applications that are working perfectly, but too busy to talk to the OS in some arbitrary amount of time. Rendering is a good example.

I will assume a 64-bit system if you still have 2.3GB of RAM remaining, is it possible that you are running the 32bit version of Blender and running out of ram that IT can access? (happens more often than you think)

CRASHxtrm

Post by CRASHxtrm » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Tehrasha wrote:
Ok, we are going to need more technical information about your crash.
Did it truly stop responding, or is it just busy?
Did it 'crash' or did you give up on it for taking too long?
It crashes,it just stops working,and the 2 options are "Stop program" and "try to find a solution via internet". No "wait for the program to respond option.
Tehrasha wrote: If it is crashing, you will want to launch Blender from a command prompt and see if it spits out any helpful information when it dies.
How do i do that? And what information will that give me?
Tehrasha wrote: KPD-0
whats that? :P

Tehrasha wrote: Apart from proving that your CPU fan is running, these numbers are meaningless for troubleshooting.

Making some assumptions on the meaning of those numbers...
The fact that the CPU is at 60% would suggest that it is busy doing -something- and not just stalled in a 'Not Responding' state.
I just installed my new CPU cooler yesterday,so that would be no problem at all.....CPU is at 60% till the last second before crashing,then it smooths back down again.

Its not 60% while saying "Stop program"
Tehrasha wrote: Windows likes to put 'Not Responding' in the titlebar of applications that are working perfectly, but too busy to talk to the OS in some arbitrary amount of time. Rendering is a good example.
I have no option to wait though...
Tehrasha wrote: I will assume a 64-bit system if you still have 2.3GB of RAM remaining, is it possible that you are running the 32bit version of Blender and running out of ram that IT can access? (happens more often than you think)
I have 32-bit system and using the 32bit version :)
Angels Call My Name

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:27 pm

CRASHxtrm wrote:It crashes,it just stops working,and the 2 options are "Stop program" and "try to find a solution via internet". No "wait for the program to respond option.
Ok, we're mixing up two very different error conditions...

"Not Responding and 'Stop Program"

is very different from

"Stopped Working and Close Program"

Is there a little pulldown at the bottom?
"View Problem Details"
That info would be most helpful, and should at least tell you which bit of Blender is causing the crash.
KPD-0 .... whats that? :P
[Keypad - Zero] ... toggles camera view.

I just installed my new CPU cooler yesterday,so that would be no problem at all.
You missed the point. The fact that your CPU is not melting, is not exactly useful information in the scheme of things troubleshooting-wise.
I have 32-bit system and using the 32bit version :)
Ok...32-bit, but still no troubleshooting information...

How about Blender version, OS, CPU, Video Card, total system ram, etc..
Anything that might be helpful...

CRASHxtrm

Post by CRASHxtrm » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Tehrasha wrote:

Ok, we're mixing up two very different error conditions...

"Not Responding and 'Stop Program"

is very different from

"Stopped Working and Close Program"

Is there a little pulldown at the bottom?
"View Problem Details"
That info would be most helpful, and should at least tell you which bit of Blender is causing the crash.
The error message is this :

Blender Stopped working.

and i have 2 options after that:
1) check for an online solution
2) close the program

Now in the button for more details about this problem it says these:

Name of the problem : APPCRASH
Application: Blender.exe
Edition: 2.6.8.0
Something about time : 51ee5efd
Misfunctional operation name : blender.exe
Misfunctional Edition: 2.6.8.0
Exception code : c0000005
Exception replacement(or something like that ) : 0091d88a
Operational system edition (or something like that): 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Identity of local settings (or something like that) : 1032
Additional information 1: 0a9e
Additional information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional information 3: 0a9e
Additional information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Sadly i cant just copy/paste the message or give a screenshot because its in Greek and you wont understand much,so i tried to give you the best translation i can :)
Tehrasha wrote:
How about Blender version, OS, CPU, Video Card, total system ram, etc..
Anything that might be helpful...

CPU: AMD FX (tm) - 8150 Eight - Core Processor 3.61 GHz
VGA: AMD Radeon HG 7800 Series (2048 MB)
Disk Drive 1 : OCZ-VERTEX3 ATA Device (55 GB, IDE) (SSD)
Disk Drive 2:WDC WD32 00AAKX-001CA0 SATA Disk Device (298 GB)
RAM : 4GB

Blender is installed at Disk Drive 1.

I hope these infos are enough,because i cant think of anything else useful to say mate.

Is there a way to send you the scene?Maybe a setting in the scene is wrong?Though i doubt it,because i follow the tutorial to make it step by step.
Angels Call My Name

CRASHxtrm

Post by CRASHxtrm » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Oh,and Blender Version is 2.6.8.0 as its said in the problem log,32-bit version.
Angels Call My Name

CRASHxtrm

Post by CRASHxtrm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:02 pm

can some1 pls help me with this.

its a really big deal for me...
Angels Call My Name

sragone

Post by sragone » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:46 am

I also have been getting blue screen crashes using the Cycles render. At first I thought I was getting a hardware fault and made sure my drivers were up to date.

My hardware & OS setup is as follows:

Windows 7 64-bit
I7 - 4770K CPU
32 GB Corsair Ram @ 1600
2 x PNY NVidia 770 w SLI

Now here is the real problem: When I render the Caustic-Test files under 2.61, the render works well, when I upgraded to the 2.68a version in either 32-Bit or 64-Bit, I get the blue screen crash every time I render any of the test files.

I happened to monitor the Windows Task Manager when doing the renders, and I noticed that under 2.61, I was using between 98-100% of the CPU and it kept fluctuating between the two limits, but under 2.68, the CPU locked in at 100% and within 1-2 mins, I would get the blue screen and have to reboot.

I'm not sure if the test files were designed to work with versions later than 2.61 or if there is any other settings I could change to get the files to render properly?

Thanks in advance.