Edge control.

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

@ner

Edge control.

Post by @ner » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:34 am

Does anyone works on the edge function? As it is it really doesn't do the the job very good. For exemple you can't control the thickness of the edge, and I never manneged to change it's color. I know it's not the most important function you're working on, but it's essential for proper too shading. In fact I belive this is the reson to the small amount of cartoon works we see.

Thank you in advance.
Aner

dotblend

Post by dotblend » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:52 pm

you might want to use the unified render button, and voila there you have your toon line and hey, you can even change it's color when fiddling with the edgesettings located at the rendersettings window

@ner

Post by @ner » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:07 pm

Tell me somthing I don't know :wink:

Edge settings is quite, well, lame.

macouno

Post by macouno » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:51 pm

Yup we've talked about this before in here... maybe you can find it through a search, and I think someone was working on something for it a long time ago but thing is... though everyone agrees with you, no coders seem interested in actually going to work on it.

@ner

Post by @ner » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:38 am

makes me wish I knew how to code. eh... well, there ae moer important things to devlop in blender right now.

macouno

Post by macouno » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:18 pm

I dunno are there? these sort of little functions get used quite a bit. and though the big ones are really really improving all the time we seem stcuk with a lot of old code in those functions that really give your work "style" like the edge/toon/mblur and those sorts of things.