Yafray rendering fails ( 2.34 + yafray 0.0.7)

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

eeshlo

Post by eeshlo »

trogdor wrote:

Code: Select all

Shooting photons ... OK
Emitted 10000 Stored 0 search 100
Pre-Gathering (0) ... OK 0 photons kept
Shot 100000 photons from each light of 1
Stored 0
Pre-gathering ... 0 OK
this is my issue....and im pretty sure there's > 0 photons.
?
But this is exactly what I meant. Maybe you are confusing it with the number of photons *shot*, the issue however is that none are *stored*.
So if you can do that, try to compile yafray from cvs.
Alternatively, since no photons are stored, disable 'photons' in GI instead.

rcas

Post by rcas »

My case:

- Yafray stops working at half the rendering sometimes, not always.
- If using Yafray without the xml exprt it won't work at all.
- When Rendering with Yafray it already made Blender Crash.

I haven't tried uninstalling and installing again.

I am using Mandrake Linux 10.0 Official with some patches and removed the previous Yafray before installing the new one.
And I also shift-deleted the previous Blender version Directory and external config files. Then I got the new Blender to a new folder.

So it shouldn't behave like that.

I guess it is some problem on Yafray, don't know.
Will wait for an Update.

Making new stuff like the Plugin system always comes with some Bugs, I am also a programmer and it is hard to make Bug Free Coding.
I might try CVS or so.
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.

eeshlo

Post by eeshlo »

Unless you compiled blender yourself, it is also a known problem that on Linux the official Blender 234 release does not work with the plugin, quoted from the yafray site:
WARNING (linux only): For the plugin to work, you need to compile Blender and YafRay with the same compiler or at least same ABI. Packages are compiled with g++ 3.3, but official Blender uses 2.95, it won't work. You have to compile Blender yourself or try to compile YafRay with 2.95. We will try to put gcc 3.3 Blender binaries for download.

rcas

Post by rcas »

eeshlo wrote:Unless you compiled blender yourself, it is also a known problem that on Linux the official Blender 234 release does not work with the plugin, quoted from the yafray site:
WARNING (linux only): For the plugin to work, you need to compile Blender and YafRay with the same compiler or at least same ABI. Packages are compiled with g++ 3.3, but official Blender uses 2.95, it won't work. You have to compile Blender yourself or try to compile YafRay with 2.95. We will try to put gcc 3.3 Blender binaries for download.
Seems like I missed this bit of information, that's the bad of following the Links others give you and not going to the main site.

Will compile and say something on this.
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.

trogdor

Post by trogdor »

eeshlo wrote: Maybe you are confusing it with the number of photons *shot*, the issue however is that none are *stored*.
yep, thanks! :)

rcas

Post by rcas »

Using the latest Blender CVS Linux build (gcc 3.3.2) with Yafray now works fine.
The Plugin system rules, watching the image being rendered in real time :) .

I got it here and I advice all Linux users to use it, it has Global Undo and it seems everything is working great.

There are also some Windows versions there, you might care to check them out.

Note : Thanks eeshlo ( now I'm more productive :D, my boss can't know this :lol: ).
How to use a Blender:

TheSquire

Post by TheSquire »

sorry for reviving this thread, but I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the new CVS Yafray for windows....
Compiling it myself is too hard for me on windows.

Thanks!

Christoph

rcas

Post by rcas »

TheSquire wrote:sorry for reviving this thread, but I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the new CVS Yafray for windows....
Compiling it myself is too hard for me on windows.

Thanks!

Christoph
Go to the Testing Builds Forum.
How to use a Blender:

TheSquire

Post by TheSquire »

I don't know if you wanted me to look for blender CVS builds or not, but I need the new yafray CVS build for windows.
There are no yafray builds newer than August 5, 2004.

I'm having the 0 photon bug in yafray 0.0.7 and it's fixed in the CVS, but I don't know how to compile it myself.

Thanks though.

Christoph

trogdor

Post by trogdor »

or if some kind soul would post a windows binary? :roll:

TheSquire

Post by TheSquire »

...that would be just awesome!
Please Please!!

Christoph