Feature Request: AVI from 3D view dump

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ben_o

Feature Request: AVI from 3D view dump

Post by ben_o »

There is an option in the newer builds that allows you to dump the contents of a 3D viewport. Whilst this is good in itself, it would be more useful to quickly render off an animation using the level of detail in the 3D view (wire, solid, etc.)

In other words I would like to be able to 'dump' a sequence of 3D views (ie from an Alt-A preview) as an avi. This is so that you can preview the animation as a rough avi and let others see the progress, without having to change you render/materials settings to get the render time low. It was a feature that helped placate my boss, without taking up too much of my time when I was using Maya (Render using openGL option).

Ben

bertram

Post by bertram »

This is possible by Shift-LMB or Ctrl-LMB clicking on the icon (Tooltip: "Render this window [...]") which is on the right of the headerbar of each 3d-view.

ben_o

Post by ben_o »

Thanks!

Sorry for asking for something that existed already!

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi »

There should really be a sepperate icon for animation to make it more obvious. Or maybe a cleverer way of handeling OpenGL rendering. For example, it could be an renderer option in the Renderer dropdown, making it

Blender
Yafray
OpenGL

This way it would seem more accesible to users, and it would act more like regular rendering with currect borders and camera.

gabio

Post by gabio »

Monkeyboi wrote:There should really be a sepperate icon for animation to make it more obvious. Or maybe a cleverer way of handeling OpenGL rendering. For example, it could be an renderer option in the Renderer dropdown, making it

Blender
Yafray
OpenGL

This way it would seem more accesible to users, and it would act more like regular rendering with currect borders and camera.
But the problem is you need to be in the window you want to render to output a opengl snapshot. you know. Thats vey limitative. in term of interface desigh.

joeri

Post by joeri »

Then maybe there should be something like active window, and not only selected window.
Should not be to hard to have windows being selected, and 1 active (or some terms that make sense) All selected windows could playback animations with alt-A. The active windows could be renderd with OpenGL (yes, the IPO window too).
Good idea?

gabio

Post by gabio »

there is a way to tell which windows to work on.
the code is used in the spin command, for exemple where you have to click in the window you want.
May work that way
but a hotkey in the windows is always more straight forward.

Sutabi

Post by Sutabi »

btw there is a bug with the Render window animation, since @ animation the active object color is changed to another color it will still go pink.... So if I make it balck for a black outline, @ animation it will turn pink in the render from view