High speed (low quality) hardware accelerated rendering

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

rednelb

Post by rednelb »

hxa7241 wrote: ....
hxa7241
hey hxa7241, i know you! you are the guy behind the super wonderful renderer perceptuum!
right?
im looking forward for any news on it.

malCanDo

GPU Ray Tracer

Post by malCanDo »

This GPU Ray Tracer looks good,

http://www.clockworkcoders.com/oglsl/rt/

and has been opensourced...
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=126915

Mal

kakapo

Post by kakapo »

all gpu raytracers i heard about so far don't seem to be much faster than software raytracers. is there a really fast one? ...for example the speed of nvidia's gelato doesn't seem to be that impressive at all (yet)...

i think a fast gpu renderer without raytracing but with good shader support, high quality shadow mapping and high quality anti-aliasing which outputs every frame within a few seconds would be nice too until technology is ready for realtime raytracers with global illumination. :)

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

kakapo wrote:i think a fast gpu renderer without raytracing but with good shader support, high quality shadow mapping and high quality anti-aliasing which outputs every frame within a few seconds would be nice too until technology is ready for realtime raytracers with global illumination. :)
Ya that is the hope, like if you put a new game to the highest settings it will draw really nice graphics but will slow down but still be able to present images in a real time form. Now if you forgo the game method and just use all that you can as a normal high quality render that would take 2 hours to render, the use of the GPU should knock it down to 10 minutes, That it's self for now woulod be sweet.