Render buffer locked and it's driving me nuts, HELP

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

BoogerMc

Render buffer locked and it's driving me nuts, HELP

Post by BoogerMc »

Ok, I'm new here and have been using Blender for a little over a year. Some how I locked my render buffer to a particular camera angle and picture. Every time I try to render the picture comes up the same no matter how much I change to camera angle or position. I don't know if I hit a button wrong or what. ANy ideas or help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.
Check out my work at www.scifi-meshes.com

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

A hint: Make sure you haven't accidentally set any ipo keyframes on the camera.

joeri

Post by joeri »

Autokey sets keys for objects that do not already have keys, so,...
Be carefull with autokey on; When moving your camera this will set a key !!!

Do you have one camera in the scene (ie are you rotating a duplicate?)
Open the outliner to check for multiple cameras.

Are you rendering the scene and not the object? ie, can you see the layer buttons in the headerbar? (Numpad / Key to toggle scene/object view)

BoogerMc

Post by BoogerMc »

I accidentally hit "P" which starts the game, what ever that is, that's when all my troubles began. any ideas from here.
I'll try checking some of these things you guys suggested, will let you know.
Thanks.

lightning

Post by lightning »

This wouldnt have been caused by pressing 'P', but perhaps you set another object to be the camera; try selecting the camera and pressing CTRL+NUM0
The dawn of a new error...

BoogerMc

Post by BoogerMc »

Well I figured out what I did wrong, now I need to know how to fix it. Some how I inadvertently set the camera to the scene, locked it as it were, now how do I unlock it?
I've never played with any of this stuff before, so I'm a little lost. I asked the resident Blender Guru on Scifi-meshes.com, but he hasn't got back to me yet. He goes by Sphynx over there. This has been a real pain, it's set me back three or four days work trying to figure out my goof.
As always, any help you can provide is greatly welcomed. And like I said, if your interested check out my work at the above site, I go by the same name there as well.

BoogerMc

Post by BoogerMc »

lightning wrote:This wouldnt have been caused by pressing 'P', but perhaps you set another object to be the camera; try selecting the camera and pressing CTRL+NUM0
Would you believe it, this worked. Thanks a million, now I can get back on track. My next hurdle is figuring out how to animate my robot arm. I gave it a shot tonight and didn't get quitte the results I was after, oh well, back to the drawing board.
Again, thanks guys for all your help.