Testing blender for the first time with Mike Pan demos

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Timshark

Testing blender for the first time with Mike Pan demos

Post by Timshark »

Hi all,

I'm testing out Blender for the first time. Installed 2.42a to its default directory. Downloaded the Mike Pan demos. Double click them and start the game with p. Every demo gives me only 2-4 frames per second. And it seems that the textures are missing. Ok. I try The Brix2.0 game. Seems to work fine only that the bricks are completely white....

I'm an absolute beginner with blender. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I'll be extremely happy for some guidance :-)

My system is:
windows xp
amd athlon 64 3500+ (2.2 ghz)
3 gb ram
geoforce 7900gtx

matos

Post by matos »

in the world button look for sumo engine :)
maybe its just the engine

Timshark

Post by Timshark »

That sounds reasonable - I've tried to track it down, but my oh my, this program got a lot of buttons.

Is it under the buttons window? Just for starters....

Timshark

Post by Timshark »

I found the Sumo button. Just for the record: It is under the 'buttons window' then the "shading" button, then the "world buttons" and finally under a tab with "Mist/Stars/Phys". There is a choice called "Sumo (deprecated)" on that tab.

Strange place for a physics engine, but anyway. Choosing this does nothing whatsoever to the framerates.

matos

Post by matos »

well work fine for me on my pIV with a ati 9600pro and 512mb memory....
try to find a blender 2.40 version or 2.41 i think those demos where made for one of those versions...
about the sumo engine, when the demos where made there was only the sumo engine,bullet wasnt implemented yet.

i hope this helps.

by the way on a ati 9200se it lags like hell. so i guess u have to check your graphic configuration and drive also.