stereo in the blender game engine

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dmorgan

stereo in the blender game engine

Post by dmorgan »

I'm trying to use stereo in the blender game engine. I've tried using the run time options and setting the "full screen" and "h/w pageflip" options. I've also tried using the command line arguments for blenderplayer with the -s option, but neither method is working. I'm using version 2.25 on the solaris operating system. Does anyone have any experience running stereo with the blender game engine? (especially on solaris)

d0pamine

page flip works on geforce on win2000

Post by d0pamine »

Page flipping worked on my geforce2 on win2k a while back. I can't get "synch doubling" to work on win2k with my radeon or geforce2, so I think there are some problems even on windows platforms.

No clue about Solaris! Do any other games work in full-screen stereo mode? Perhaps you can track down the problem...

Tom

Shaba1

Post by Shaba1 »

I have a set of vrjoy glasses. I really have not used them becasue I have and lcd laptop at home and they require a crt monitor. I will bring them into work and give them a test out.

jeotero

Post by jeotero »

I never managed to make it work in my geforce2 and windows xp

dmorgan

Post by dmorgan »

I've gotten in contact with the person who wrote the original stereo code for Blender and he confirmed that it was never implement for Solaris. There is a possibilty that at some time in future it may be implemented but right now it won't work on Solaris.

Cyrr

Post by Cyrr »

Hi, I'm new in the Forum. I work in a company generating software for 3D with OpenGL (inpho GmbH / Germany). I would be very interested to know, which options are given in Blender for stereo image and video generation (anaglyph, passive stereo, shutter system, quad-buffered, etc...). It's pure personal interest and I would love to generate some scenes in stereo. COG had a nice image with roofs, and I saw other people playing around with the stereo options, perhaps there are other people how would like to join.

Sorry, if this is the wrong place to put this quote. Please let me know, which place would be correct.
dmorgan wrote:I've gotten in contact with the person who wrote the original stereo code for Blender and he confirmed that it was never implement for Solaris. There is a possibilty that at some time in future it may be implemented but right now it won't work on Solaris.