Lorca

MECHDROID

Post by Lorca » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:59 am

http://www.dev.com.br/dimy/

Hello everyone!

Here is a new project: Mechdroid.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Gameplay is very, very simple.

My intention was to help people starting with the engine.

Yours,

Ortiz.

Blender file: http://www.dev.com.br/dimy/downloads...roidgame.blend

Comments and critics are welcome.
"First they ignore you, then they lough at you, then they fight you. And then... you win."

M. Gandhi

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:03 am

Looks nice. One thing I just had to mention: android is a robot which looks like a human ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android ), not a flying robot that repairs spaceships (they often look very non-human to me). Just thought to let you know :)

/Nathan

Lorca

ground control to major Ton...

Post by Lorca » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Hey thanks for your feedback Jesterking! I will fix it!

I chose the word "droid" just because i like it the same way i like R2d2. ;)
"First they ignore you, then they lough at you, then they fight you. And then... you win."

M. Gandhi

Lorca

Post by Lorca » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:18 pm

Fixed!

I removed the word "android"

Ok ok... I know... Sadly R2D2 is not able to fly ... Maybe this robot is "R2D3"?

No, no ... probably not...

M. Gandhi

joeri

Post by joeri » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:34 am

I think it's a good start, but...
It's needs much more dynamics to give a playeble feel.
I mean, when I release a button the droid is at a hold, that's not very nice to play. And I think the speed difference between flying and walking is to big.
The graphics detailing could be better. I mean that the texture on the droid is very detailed but on the floor it's very blurry and the cubes are not textured.
To get a sense of scale you need to bring those to the same level. And add human porportions to set the scale, like bolds or antenna or radar dish, anything that will tell us how big things are, so we can have a sense of how fast we are going.

Anyway; Good things are that you explain how to use the interface, it all works, and that you use the game engine to express yourself ;)

Keep up the good work, Joeri

Lorca

Post by Lorca » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:23 pm

"I think it's a good start, but...
It's needs much more dynamics to give a playeble feel.
I mean, when I release a button the droid is at a hold, that's not very nice to play. And I think the speed difference between flying and walking is to big.
The graphics detailing could be better. I mean that the texture on the droid is very detailed but on the floor it's very blurry and the cubes are not textured.
To get a sense of scale you need to bring those to the same level. And add human porportions to set the scale, like bolds or antenna or radar dish, anything that will tell us how big things are, so we can have a sense of how fast we are going.

Anyway; Good things are that you explain how to use the interface, it all works, and that you use the game engine to express yourself Wink

Keep up the good work, Joeri"

Dude... that was perfect! All this words express my fellings about this first result.

I will start with that scale issue... My blurred flor texture is also somehow linked to this problem ;)

Very nice ideas and critic.

Thank you very much for your time Joeri.

M. Gandhi