Help with textures....

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

zrealmx

Help with textures....

Post by zrealmx »

Ok, i hav this game i made and i test it, and every thing works out fine, so i give out a few copies to my friends with all the textures, but they replie telling me that everything is grey, so i go over to one of'ems house, and i test the game and i find out the textures are not working, then i go back to my house and test the same game file and it works fine. So then i move it to a different location on my computer, and the textures dont work, and eventually i find out that it is trying to find the textures in the location that i first put them in, but it cant find them because the root directory is incrorrect, so how do i fix it???

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

Whenever you are adding an image texture to Blender, make sure you have [Relative Paths] toggled in the filebrowser. To have that work nicely, make sure you place your textures somewhere relative under the .blend you save.

That way you can easily zip up everything and distribute without having to worry about missing files.

What happened is that you added them without the [Relative Paths] button toggled, thus absolute paths to your texture images are saved. Whenever you change the absolute location of the images, Blender won't be able to find them anymore.

Check the File>External Data... menu. It gives you an option to make the path of every external resource relative to your .blend.

/Nathan

zrealmx

Post by zrealmx »

Thank you! thank you sooooooo much!