Walking paths

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Dream forgotten

Walking paths

Post by Dream forgotten »

In the game Engine, I am useing a textured plane as my map... So that it doesnt have to calculate the 3D stuff (saves time) but then i have a 3D character and I want to make paths for him (so he doesnt run on the wrong stuff (i.e. the sky)) and I also want to make it so that if he is running 'away' from the camera, he gets smaller.

Any ideas?

Milun

Post by Milun »

Try making really basic models that your character can collide against, then make their faces invisible. How that helps!
"It really is quite absurd, adventures of a bear and bird. Stop this hacking, or you'll face, a game pack that I have erased".

Dream forgotten

sounds good

Post by Dream forgotten »

I was kinda thinking in that direction, but i have always had a problem will collisions. if the face(s) are straight up, I just go through them :?

Milun

Re: sounds good

Post by Milun »

Dream forgotten wrote:I was kinda thinking in that direction, but i have always had a problem will collisions. if the face(s) are straight up, I just go through them :?
Uh... I'm not sure what you mean by that, but try tilting them a degree or two and see if it helps.
"It really is quite absurd, adventures of a bear and bird. Stop this hacking, or you'll face, a game pack that I have erased".