Mouselook?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

arbiterchewbaccahybrid

Mouselook?

Post by arbiterchewbaccahybrid » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:34 pm

How would I create mouselook without python?
I am lookin just to make a good game...

Bill gates created vista to drive pc gamers to console I am here to change that.

Rod Blender

Post by Rod Blender » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi Arbiter,
Unfortunately no, But is veeery simple do this whit python, go to the Text Editor and add a new text called Mouselook, and copy this code:
import Rasterizer
Rasterizer.showMouse(1)
Select any object in your game, add a sensor Always and a controller Python, in the box Script write the name of the script, in this case Mouselook.

I hope I helped, Rodrigo :)

arbiterchewbaccahybrid

Post by arbiterchewbaccahybrid » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Didn't work but heres the blend file...
http://www.filefront.com/14200015/FPSactiongame.blend

Bill gates created vista to drive pc gamers to console I am here to change that.

Rod Blender

Post by Rod Blender » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi Arbiter,
Oh! Sorry, I made a misunderstand, here is the correct file:
FPS action game

I hope I helped, Rodrigo :D

arbiterchewbaccahybrid

Thanks rod

Post by arbiterchewbaccahybrid » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:05 am

one more thing how do I take off the crosshiars or change them?

Rod Blender

Post by Rod Blender » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:05 am

Hi Arbiter,
Yes, you can go on the change the Scene to sight and there delete the crosshair object, or if you want to change it, select the crosshair object, go to Edit Mode, open the UV/Image Editor and change the image :)

I hope I helped, Rodrigo :wink:

arbiterchewbaccahybrid

Post by arbiterchewbaccahybrid » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:58 am

Thanks rod! :D and I swear this is the last thing this game renders fine but when I run it... it runs with the gun and character without light mapping and when you run it make sure the viewport is camera. (this is another project well same one just third and 1st person versions I am working on)

oh yeah heres the file...
third person shooter

Rod Blender

Post by Rod Blender » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi Arbiter,
Enter in the Textured view ("Alt" + "C"), if you see the mapping on the objects OK, now press P and done! But if you don't see the mapping in the Textured view, you need to go on the Shading (F5) panel, in the Material tab and click on the box TexFace, then, in the tab Texture click in Add New, change the tab to Map Input and click on the UV box instead of Orco, make sure you're in the Textured View and press P :P

I hope I helped, Rodrigo :wink:

arbiterchewbaccahybrid

Post by arbiterchewbaccahybrid » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Huh thats weird didn't work I know it has something to do with UV textures but not sure how light mapping works well anyway hre's the file that I tried light mapping on http://www.filefront.com/14210057/third ... game.blend

( Can you plz give me the mouse look py now because I think I got macpython working on my computer now. The file already has texfac and UV changed.[sorry if I am askig to much I'm just kinda new to blender and just letting you know you have no obligation to helping me, if its to much thats fine and I understand...])

Rod Blender

Post by Rod Blender » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Arbiter,
No, no, I like too much to help everyone I can :!:
Sorry but this file has no textures! I think you didn't packed the UV textures to the objects, in the UV/Image Editor, beside of the current name of the texture, you can see a button that seems a wrapping or a package, click in it and then you send again the file, and try again to do what I spoke to you OK :D

I hope I helped, Rodrigo :)

arbiterchewbaccahybrid

This is the render...

Post by arbiterchewbaccahybrid » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 pm

but it still pays funny try testing out the blend file on your computer and seee if it reacts any different...

FPSactiongame_V1.5

never mind fixed it at least it has light mapping now :D... well not real time light mapping :roll: but I baked the light mapping in the render as a texture so kinda? now one thing...to make that blue cube invisible... :) but the gun has to shoot so would the best way to do that be to have the gun shoot new bullets or keep using the same bullet as BOOMERANG!!!!!!

jlow

Post by jlow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:36 pm

on the mouselook problem in general this tutorial over at tutorialsforblender3d.com helped me a lot (but it uses a python script too, of course):

http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Ga ... rst_1.html