Marathon:trilogy remake

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

arbiterchewbaccahybrid

Marathon:trilogy remake

Post by arbiterchewbaccahybrid » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:12 am

I am looking for recruits to remake a game called marathon for those of you who don't know..

Marathon takes place in the year 2794 aboard a large, multi-generational colony spacecraft called the UESC (United Earth Space Council) Marathon. The ship was converted from Deimos, one of Mars' two moons. The plot of the story sets the player as a security officer and focuses around an invasion of the ship and (to a much lesser extent) a colony on the near by Tau Ceti by hostile extraterrestrials. The plot is primarily revealed through various computer interfaces called terminals, which relay crew logs, maintenance documents, historical accounts, and stories. It is through these terminals as well that the player receives mission information from Leela, the ship's artificial intelligence, as well as Tycho and Durandal, the science and utilities AI in Marathon respectively. The relationship between and history of these artificial intelligences serves as a significant plot device in the story.

any body can contribute just post here

Open:
animator(need at least 2)
Modeler(need at least 3)
Programmer(need at least 4)
Ai(creator(programmer[special)

I have a base for us to build the project off of. It has mouselook basic movement gun motion for SMG(this is gonna be the starting weapon),
and it will be in a download...
fpsbase

[I am open to all ideas and we will not be strictly following the exact storyline of marathon we can add more take out just the basic story as I have posted above(any story line tweaks you think we should make just post here any we will probably do them),and if you do not feel you can do

please note that this is an open source project and if you are joining thinking of some big money making scheme off of this project you are wrong.
Last edited by arbiterchewbaccahybrid on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am lookin just to make a good game...

Bill gates created vista to drive pc gamers to console I am here to change that.

Luftmensch

Post by Luftmensch » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:47 am

In the event you have a surplus of able volunteers, I would like to throw in a hand with animating or modeling. That is, I expect to make a good share of mistakes and it would be handy if someone with the extra time and experience could show me how to correct them.

By the way, doesn't Bungie have Marathon available for free download on their site?

arbiterchewbaccahybrid

Post by arbiterchewbaccahybrid » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Yes they do indeed But in that version everything uses sprites except for the environment we are going to be remaking it better with real models so if your interested in modeling you can start by making a simple mega class magnum 44.(the starting weapon in marathon if interested in animating just make an animation for a gun(can be as simple as a cylinder) to move as if the person is running with it, or an animation for an enemy walking,or running. basically anything that would be FPS related then that will help me determine your skill level and properly place you. If you have no prior knowledge of how to use blender then I would suggest looking at a few tutorials(I am assuming that you do).

Bill gates created vista to drive pc gamers to console I am here to change that.

arbiterchewbaccahybrid

Post by arbiterchewbaccahybrid » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 pm

go here... and I do have another modeler.