Exporting to the web

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

phreak

Exporting to the web

Post by phreak »

I've read about a plugin, but other then that is there any why one could publish a game built with blender onto they're website, were someone on the website can play the game?

jdrewelow303

Post by jdrewelow303 »

the easiest way is to save your game as a runtime (file>savegameasruntime) then save it into its own folder. Once you have it in its own folder open the folder and you should see abunch of really weird things in there, but dont worry about those you wont need to do anything with them. double click the file that has the blender logo (your game) then a pop-up should come on that says you are missing whatever it is that you're missing. so to fix that go to your start menu>computer>whatever harddrive you have all your stuff on>program files>blender foundation>blender once you have that open search whatever it told you you were missing (in the search bar in the top right corner) for example when i do it is says i am missing like "wrap_oal" then when you find the thing it tell you you need right click it then click "copy" then open the folder with your game and all the other weird files and paste it. you may have to do that for more than one file (for me it was 2). once you have all that done and you can play the game in that folder without that little message popping up, then you need to right click the folder and make a copy of it. put the copy on your desktop (if its not already there) then right click it and make it into a zipped folder. once it is a zipped folder you can upload it to Mediafire (or another uploading website, but i prefer Mediafire) just upload the whole zipped folder and then you can copy a link to the download. and when someone downloads it make sure to tell them that when they double click the game they need to click extract all in the little pop-up window. and if you wanted it for a blog or something like that i believe mediafire also gives you a little thing to copy and paste for that too.

phreak

Post by phreak »

But with this method the user would have to download the file and run it on there system right? I'm looking for a way to have the game "embeded" if you will into the site just like flash games. Is this possible?

SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

@phreak - Yes, there is now a way to make a Blender game run embedded in a web page. The plug-in is called Burster.
Check out my blog of game design and BGE tutorials at http://solarlune-gameup.blogspot.com/

jdrewelow303

Post by jdrewelow303 »

phreak wrote:But with this method the user would have to download the file and run it on there system right? I'm looking for a way to have the game "embeded" if you will into the site just like flash games. Is this possible?
I think mediafire gives you a link to copy and paste to emmbed

SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

@phreak - You're referring to running the game in a web browser like a Flash game, correct?
Check out my blog of game design and BGE tutorials at http://solarlune-gameup.blogspot.com/

macrocosm

Post by macrocosm »

SolarLune wrote:@phreak - Yes, there is now a way to make a Blender game run embedded in a web page. The plug-in is called Burster.
I cant get the plugin to install in FF or from the file they offer on their site :(

I was soooo excited too! But if an average pc cant install I guess its not in wide use yet?