I have multiple questions about multiple things haha.

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Nicxsonn1452

I have multiple questions about multiple things haha.

Post by Nicxsonn1452 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:06 pm

My first question is how would I make the camera go into a first person view. For example if I wanted to put a camera in an airplane so you can see the cockpit but also be able to look to your left and right and up and down while in the plane so you can see your surroundings how would I do that?

My second question is how do I simulate damage in a game. For example if I was flying and hit the ground instead of blowing up in a million pieces, how would I make the plane kind of crinkle up.

My final question how can I make bullet holes in the plane when bullets fly through it.

Thanks in advance for any help :D

SolarLune

Post by SolarLune » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:18 pm

1) You can switch cameras using the Scene actuator, I think. Just enter the name of the camera to switch to.
2)Use the Replace Mesh actuator (Edit Object actuator, set to Replace Mesh mode).
3)You'll have to find a bullet hole script to create a bullet hole that aligns itself to the plane's hull.
Check out my blog of game design and BGE tutorials at http://solarlune-gameup.blogspot.com/

Nicxsonn1452

Post by Nicxsonn1452 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:31 pm

SolarLune wrote:1) You can switch cameras using the Scene actuator, I think. Just enter the name of the camera to switch to.
2)Use the Replace Mesh actuator (Edit Object actuator, set to Replace Mesh mode).
3)You'll have to find a bullet hole script to create a bullet hole that aligns itself to the plane's hull.
Thank you. Although I didn't try any of this yet I plan on trying it later. I will let you know if it worked.

Is there a place that can explain scripts to me, or can you explain scripts to me?

SolarLune

Post by SolarLune » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Nicxsonn1452 wrote: Thank you. Although I didn't try any of this yet I plan on trying it later. I will let you know if it worked.

Is there a place that can explain scripts to me, or can you explain scripts to me?
Sorry that I haven't been on this forum in awhile. The BlenderArtists forum is where I usually peruse information (LOL), so I kinda forgot about this. Sure - if you need an explanation for a script or have trouble understanding Python, post it on the BlenderArtists forum, and other people (as well as I) will probably be able to help you.
Check out my blog of game design and BGE tutorials at http://solarlune-gameup.blogspot.com/