Rotation Puzzle ( Z axis missing on a tank turret )

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

roulston

Rotation Puzzle ( Z axis missing on a tank turret )

Post by roulston » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 am

Hello,

I confess I am a complete newbie, however while exploring the functionality of Blender I downloaded a free "tank" from Turbo Squid and was attempting to get familiar with Blender using the tank (T_302) and while I was exploring the rotation manipulator I could see a Red Green and Blue "arc" which allowed me to tilt parts of the tank, or all of the tank on the X Y and Z axis, UNTIL ( until ) I selected the turret assembly of the tank.
When only the tank turret is selected there is no Z axis (Blue Arc) shown.

Shouldn't all three ( X Y Z ) axis "arcs" be available at all times?

Thank you,

~ Allen

simtron

Post by simtron » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Friend., its better it you post it in interface and tools thread.You will get very quick replies there.As of your question, all the transformation widgets are supposed to be visible UNLESS they are LOCKED.

With your turret selected, if you open the Transform panel(Hit N key in 3dView.A panel pops up on you right).Here you can see what are the current transformations on your body(Location,Rotation,Scale) with a lock symbol at the end of every axis transform value.
If the lock is LOCKED, your transformation widget related to that lock will be invisible.

I guess I hit the target!! 8)

roulston

Thank you ( tank turret rotation)

Post by roulston » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:55 pm

I appreciate your response.
As you stated, the Z axis was locked.
The weird part about this is the fact the logical choice would have been to lock the X and Y axis while leaving the Z unlocked.
You response allowed me to make the appropriate changes.

Thank you,
~ Allen
simtron wrote:Friend., its better it you post it in interface and tools thread.You will get very quick replies there.As of your question, all the transformation widgets are supposed to be visible UNLESS they are LOCKED.

With your turret selected, if you open the Transform panel(Hit N key in 3dView.A panel pops up on you right).Here you can see what are the current transformations on your body(Location,Rotation,Scale) with a lock symbol at the end of every axis transform value.
If the lock is LOCKED, your transformation widget related to that lock will be invisible.

I guess I hit the target!! 8)