Page 1 of 1

I need some ‘add object’ help for blender 2.61

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:50 pm
by Jedijds
I’m trying to add the empty shell to the layer every time I fire the shotgun. The problem comes when I parent the empty to the shotgun; the shells become squashed when they come out. I want the empty to follow the shotgun but still launch round shells, could anyone help? This information will help with other games. I’m using blender 2.61.

Here is a .blend file for you to look at. The shotgun and the empty are on the first layer and the shell is on the second.
http://www.mediafire.com/?pyke35mh79aq6mh

The file is called 'Shot gun1.blend'

Re: I need some ‘add object’ help for blender 2.61

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:54 pm
by Zoeo
Jedijds wrote:I’m trying to add the empty shell to the layer every time I fire the shotgun. The problem comes when I parent the empty to the shotgun; the shells become squashed when they come out. I want the empty to follow the shotgun but still launch round shells, could anyone help? This information will help with other games. I’m using blender 2.61.

Here is a .blend file for you to look at. The shotgun and the empty are on the first layer and the shell is on the second.
http://www.mediafire.com/?pyke35mh79aq6mh

The file is called 'Shot gun1.blend'
Ok i played around with your file and found if you parent the Empty to the Camera it shells come out round like they're supposed to, but you may also want to shrink the shell so it looks like they come out of the side like shells

;)

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:50 am
by Jedijds
It somewhat worked, thanks. The barrel and the stock rotate in a weird pattern when I maneuver the camera, could you help me with this? I had no problems with this stuff in blender 2.57 but in 2.61 it’s all weird and moves in different ways. I really appreciate the help. :D

I reattached some things the way you said, is this right?
http://www.mediafire.com/?pvrzj25deemk3pl
file name: ‘Shot gun2.blend’

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:21 pm
by Zoeo
Jedijds wrote:It somewhat worked, thanks. The barrel and the stock rotate in a weird pattern when I maneuver the camera, could you help me with this? I had no problems with this stuff in blender 2.57 but in 2.61 it’s all weird and moves in different ways. I really appreciate the help. :D

I reattached some things the way you said, is this right?
http://www.mediafire.com/?pvrzj25deemk3pl
file name: ‘Shot gun2.blend’
Ummm, that will work

I fixed you problem with the rotation all you had to do was ether connect each piece of the gun to one part on the gun or parent the cube to each part on the gun, and add a logic brick to the camera so that anytime you press P out side of camera video you automatically shoot straight into camera view without the annoying black screen, you can disable this by taking off the logic bricks

http://www.mediafire.com/?a4a44ek5lyjy9qa

Hope this will help you

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:57 am
by Jedijds
Thank you I had that idea but didn’t think it would work but you showed me it will. :lol: Lol thanks, I was wondering, I wanted to make that pin move back and forth to simulate the shell being pulled and kicked out, would I have to parent that pin to the cube as well? Oh and thanks for coloring the shell for me. :D I know how to color in texture paint but it doesn’t look like you used that, what did you use and how do you use it? :?
Thanks again!
:)

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:35 am
by Zoeo
Jedijds wrote:Thank you I had that idea but didn’t think it would work but you showed me it will. :lol: Lol thanks, I was wondering, I wanted to make that pin move back and forth to simulate the shell being pulled and kicked out, would I have to parent that pin to the cube as well? Oh and thanks for coloring the shell for me. :D I know how to color in texture paint but it doesn’t look like you used that, what did you use and how do you use it? :?
Thanks again!
:)
Coloring the shell was the simplest thing i did to it, when you go into the Material tab you choose your base color, the one i used on the shell was red, then you go into edit mode and select the area you want colored, choose the color, and click the assign button below the square that holds your Materials.

To do the thing with the pin is animate and go into game logic set your keyboard sensor (Set Keyboard Sensor as what ever you use to fire the shell), And Controller, and an Action Actuator, set the action to the name of the action that pulls the pin, when ever you press fire it will pull the pin back every time.

If you didn't set the pin to move back and forth you can set the "Play" action to a "Ping Pong" action and set your Keyboard to something other then fire so the pin will move back when you press the Key and move forward when pressed again. I wouldn't suggest doing this to a shotgun, this works if you are doing something like an elevator, what i would just suggest doing it setting the animation to move the pin back in the place you want it to be and then going in to animation and copy the first part of the animation and setting it to the frame you want it in

I would show you but i have other things to do, I'm working on a flash game and need to figure some things out

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:28 am
by Jedijds
Ok thanks for helping. Wish for the best on your game. :D