Only some objects shown on Blender Game when hitting play

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

JunCTionS

Only some objects shown on Blender Game when hitting play

Post by JunCTionS » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi, I'm very new to Blender so it might be likely I've done something wrong or stepped on a very common bug.

But I have a scene with two objects, and one of them is rendered and the other isn't.

I've tried to simplify the scene as much as possible, so it's only two planes (it didn't show some custom objects as well).

When in the Render Game mode, I hit P and only one of the two planes is shown.

If I play with the scale and height of the problematic plane sometimes it is shown when playing and sometimes not.

Following advice found here or there I already tried deleting the camera, closing and reopening blender, and recalculating normals but the error seems to persist.

I uploaded the .blend here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wykmmb
(Let me know if another hosting is more appropriate).

Some background as to what I was *trying* to do: Just a simple animation of some objects falling: deleted cube, added plane, imported curves from an SVG file, extruted them to seem like solid objects, switched to Blender Game, then changed them to rigid bodies and when I hit P I got a blank screen. When I added another plane I could only see that one... deleted stuff to simplify and was left with the file I link.

Any ideas?

JunCTionS

Post by JunCTionS » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:54 pm

although converting the curves to meshes of the actual objects I need did the trick... I still wonder what was going on on the twoplanes file, but don't have the urgency anymore.