Making a screensaver viewable

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

christoph

Making a screensaver viewable

Post by christoph » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:48 pm

Hello,

I want to make my screensaver executable.

I have created an animation, which is running in a circle, an if i try it in Blender with Alt+A everything works fine.

but then i try it with "game->start game" and it doesn't work. Only the first frame is shown without color.

How can a correct this?

Is it possible that Blender shows the animation without changing the resolution and using fullscreen?. He should use the resolution of the windows desktop.

Thanks for your help

jeotero

Post by jeotero » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:17 am

add a logicbrick to play the animation in the realtime game engine ...

You would find a lot more help in the elysiun forums http://www.elysiun.com/forum/index.php

jd-multi

Post by jd-multi » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:41 pm

Well first, yes it's possible to make animations in the game engine, but alt+a doesn't work there, you have to set up logic bricks that says, Always -> and --> Ipo (animations frame to frame?), this is a basic how I can explain logic bricks in text, well you don't have to ciode, just use logic bricks. Searhc www.elysiun.com game engine topic for screensavers, I made a couple of them using runtimes.exe with the extension changes to .scr and put it into the windows directory, but this only works for windows, I don't know how to do that in Linux or else.

Just try a search on elysiun, game engine topic, and search for Blender Screensaver. :D Don't know if they are still online. :?