SO game engine is back ... will a pocket pc player released?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

aqa

SO game engine is back ... will a pocket pc player released?

Post by aqa » Thu May 20, 2004 9:14 pm

Hi!

I have read that Game engine is back at last :-) and i remember that in the past a version of blender was ported to ipaq...

yeah i supose that when ton was planning game blender was also thinking on portable gaming platforms, and that should explain why developing an ipaq version...

... nowadays the pocketpc diferent processor architecture seems tobe unified under the ARM/Xscale compliant, pdas runs x3 faster and are x3 cheaper than then...maybe now becomes interesting developing 3d games for pocketpc ... and blender colud play an interesting position on it i think.

Once again life could point me to blender :-P nowadays i'm work sometimes as a pda game developer (flash) and now that game engine is back i wonder if there is any plan to port again game blender to pocket pc ?

someone knows something about that?

-Ángel

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d » Fri May 21, 2004 12:54 am

look for other posts on this topic

there is some demand for it (like 6 people have posted?) but there seems to be little being done about it

also, 2.04 was ported to the ipaq, and supposedly more recent releases (even 2.2x) are complicated enough that it would be difficult.

furthermore, the technology created that allowed blender to be ported the ipaq was not open sourced

IngieBee

Post by IngieBee » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:44 pm

the old ipac version was available once upon a time, for download, and I may have it. If you want it, please just email me and I'll send it to you.... unless I can't find it anymore???
Ingie

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:22 pm

IngieBee wrote:the old ipac version was available once upon a time, for download, and I may have it. If you want it, please just email me and I'll send it to you.... unless I can't find it anymore???
Ingie
that will not be necescary:

http://download.blender.org/release/ble ... 4-ipaq.zip