Strange Blender 2.33 crash problem...

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gorgan_almighty

Strange Blender 2.33 crash problem...

Post by gorgan_almighty » Wed May 26, 2004 5:55 pm

I've been having a problem with my main game project running in 2.33. The trouble was that blender would crash as soon as I pressed 'P'. It doesn't do this in 2.25 and it doesn't do it in 2.33 with any other blend file. I eventually nailed down the cause, but I still can't explain it.

Basically, blender seemed to crash if I had any plane objects in the scene, unless I deleted this one other (perfectly ordinary) object. If I deleted that one object then blend ran with planes in the scene without trouble. :?

I've created a test blend file so you can see what I mean, the URL is below. The file has four objects in it, one on top and 3 below in a line. The 3 at the bottom are planes, and blender will crash unless you delete all 3 of them. The one object at the top is a perfectly normal shape I made from a cube primative, it does have any special attributes kof any kind. Yet if you delete it blender won't crash, no matter what planes are in the scene. And its only this object which causes this problem, no other 'normal' objects cause this.

So my question in WHAT IS CAUSING THIS CRASH?? Whats special about the top object which might be causing this? Does this crash even happen for anyone else? :?: :?: :?:

I'm running blender 2.33 on Windows ME.

Heres the file:

http://www.blender4ever.cjb.net/blender ... t_005.html

Cheers for taking the time to look at this.

Keith. 8)

Saluk

Post by Saluk » Wed May 26, 2004 6:03 pm

Just a Q:

DId you try deleting the planes and the cube and remaking them? Does it still crash? Did you make this file originally in 2.25 or 2.33? Have you tried it in a more recent build of 2.33 from the testing forum?

I am at school so I can't see it at the moment.

gorgan_almighty

Post by gorgan_almighty » Wed May 26, 2004 6:07 pm

Remaking the planes did nothing. Doing Shift+D to make a new copy of the top object then deleting the original allowed the game engine to run, but it crashed as soon as I pressed Esc to end the game, every time.

keith. 8)