T2 Screenshots.

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

R2Blend

Post by R2Blend »

levon wrote:
R2Blend wrote:All I have to say is wow.

wow. :shock:

With all of those combined, and all of the bugs fixed, and many more logic bricks, then Blender's engine would be PERFECT. :)
what new logic bricks do you think could be put in to the game engine?
Well, maybe more mouse sensors, like mouseMove X or Y. And for actuators, maybe, well I dunno. Maybe you could think of some?

levon

Post by levon »

we dont need mouse x and mouse y seperate components, this can be done in python realy easily.

the only one i would like to see is a midi input, but i know that its not something that will get into it unless i code it myself, so it will be a while.

R2Blend

Post by R2Blend »

levon wrote:we dont need mouse x and mouse y seperate components, this can be done in python realy easily.
Ahem, some people (me) are still learning python and can only write extremely simple scripts. :P

I think they would be nice for people who can't code python.

levon

Post by levon »

then just do a seach on elysiun for the script, i think alien-xmp is busy enough to program something that is done in python so easily

pildanovak

Post by pildanovak »

Another addition to the logic bricks could be fine> in Edit object actuator, like for meshes is set another mesh, for armature could be set another armature/ this would allow you to exchange an actor in one object(mutation) in the game, not only the change of the mesh.

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

pildanovak wrote:Another addition to the logic bricks could be fine> in Edit object actuator, like for meshes is set another mesh, for armature could be set another armature/ this would allow you to exchange an actor in one object(mutation) in the game, not only the change of the mesh.
would you use the same action on mutiple armatures?

somehow, I don't seeit being very useful

levon

Post by levon »

alien-xmp, are those screenshots in tuhoppu CVS at the moment? i just did a CVS update and compile and i cant find where i would turn these on.

or do i have to set some thing up before i compile?

thanks

alien-xmp

Post by alien-xmp »

It is in T2 CVS at the moment.

Blender Buttons that are currently implemented for shadows realtime:
Scene Buttons:
Shadow

Light Buttons:
Buf.Shadow (Spot lights)
ShadowBufferSize
ClipSta, ClipEnd
Bias
SpotSi

Edit Buttons: Texture Face Panel:
Light

In other words:
Set faces to light for all faces receiving shadows.
Set the light to spot and set the shadow params.

lucky3

Post by lucky3 »

thanks for all your amazing work, alien-xmp.
But like levon i can't turn those functions on in Tuhopuu :( . Which button can activate the shadows in realtime? I created a simple scene ( a plan, a cube, and a spotlight that lights the scene), turned on the 'light' button in Texture panel Face, but no shadow.

thanks

levon

Post by levon »

thanks for the hint alien, i forgot to set light in face mode :oops: silly me

now how about those anaglyphs, how would i set that up, is that just overlaying 2 scenes and colouring one red and one blue? or is it a nother well hidden feature? :D

thanks for all your awsome work

lucky3

Post by lucky3 »

now how about those anaglyphs, how would i set that up, is that just overlaying 2 scenes and colouring one red and one blue? or is it a nother well hidden feature?
The anaglyph feature is hidden in the render panel>format> Game Framing Setting. But how about shadow?

capanegra

Post by capanegra »

what about putting all the game buttons in a specific window¿?

alien-xmp

Post by alien-xmp »

lucky3 wrote:thanks for all your amazing work, alien-xmp.
But like levon i can't turn those functions on in Tuhopuu :( . Which button can activate the shadows in realtime? I created a simple scene ( a plan, a cube, and a spotlight that lights the scene), turned on the 'light' button in Texture panel Face, but no shadow.

thanks
What graphics card do you have? A Geforce3/Radeon 9500 or better is required. Check the console, it will print on game start if shadowmaps are supported.

Then play with all the buttons listed above.

lucky3

Post by lucky3 »

Oops I haven't the required card... :oops: :Radeon 9200. Sorry about that.
Have to buy a new card! :cry:

bmud

Post by bmud »

The whole idea of shadows makes me tingle and happy. Motion blur, even better.. Toon shading.. yeah! And though red/blue 3d looks really funny, that's really neat as well.

I really hope this gets in to the next version. And then wha-bam, blender will be just about as good as garage games. That's saying a lot.