Idea for the realtime game engine.

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

awalker

Idea for the realtime game engine.

Post by awalker »

Hello, this is an idea for a real time terrain game engine, it seems small and simple so I hope it would be put into account. The terrain game engine would work like a real time true displacement script with a point of view and a image. The idea is to have the grid form in real time by using a pic, I'm sure the grid would get longer depending on the field of view and position of the camera.

The black represent the grid which would be effective by the bitmap, purple is the camera, red is point of view and the green would be effective. The mesh will fellow the camera keeping the mesh low unless point of view goes farther and wider, so what you think ?

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

Moved this topic to Interactive 3D

pildanovak

Post by pildanovak »

you could write the script, i'm not sure if it goes with 2.34, but in 2.25 you could use all Blender libraries and it worked nice...(i've tried to move vertices in a mesh in realtime). Now, the functionality of the gameengine has become a little smaller, because alien-xmp has disabled these libraries, so that the engine doesn't contain so many things which are useless. I have complained against this for the same reason- I wanted to generate meshes in realtime. But maybe if we keep asking for mesh-editing library(Mesh), it will be added again...

awalker

Post by awalker »

Well, it would be useful for such a thing. I'm asking for it.

awalker

alpha scrolling

Post by awalker »

This is an idea on how to make games more real, my hope is to convince the developers to put in alpha scrolling. This would be helpful for round objects, such as trees, polls, spikes, rocks, tree tops, I'm hoping that spins, free scrolling, x and y scrolling locking.
http://www.air-internet.com/~awalker/mo ... roll.blend

awalker

Post by awalker »

No feed back ?