Stereo mode with blender (some screens of the stereo modes)

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mataii

Stereo mode with blender (some screens of the stereo modes)

Post by mataii »

Hello everybody I have a question about the stereo mode with blender.... I'm on a SGI Fuel with a Stereographic emisor, and a 3d glasses CrystalEyes, and I'm trying to test the stereo mode with the older version of blender (more exactly 2.25) But I can't see in any mode (h/w Pageflip and syncdoubling)

i would like to know if I can use this option in blender... like in PyMol or OpenInventor :wink:

I hope you can help me, thanks :P
Last edited by mataii on Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

levon

Post by levon »

im not sure about 2.25, but tuhopuu has that in it now, with pageflip and syncdouble

alien-xmp

Post by alien-xmp »

hwpageflip (stereo shutter glasses) only work in Blenderplayer.

The reason is that they have to be programmed when the window is created, and it is too late to enable them when the game engine is run from Blender.

You can run any other stereo method from within cvs Blender or Tuhopuu2.

Hush

Post by Hush »

If you are playing with stereo in Tuhopuu you might want to also include an option to adjust the seperation distance from the command line. (Raymond de Vries coded this for the company I worked for last year and it is invaluable when using stereo for Blender)

mataii

Post by mataii »

Hello.. thanks for the response :P
levon:

im not sure about 2.25, but tuhopuu has that in it now, with pageflip and syncdouble
Since the first time that I use blender 2.25 I've seen the options to activate the stereo mode.. and I haven't tried with other version :)
alien-xmp:

hwpageflip (stereo shutter glasses) only work in Blenderplayer.

The reason is that they have to be programmed when the window is created, and it is too late to enable them when the game engine is run from Blender.

You can run any other stereo method from within cvs Blender or Tuhopuu2.
I've tried to setup the stereo mode before making a runtime, but without result, and then later I used the unix shell to do it with the blender player.. I've used that:

./BlenderPlayer -s hwpageflip lev1.blend

and the result is the same.. the game runs without stereo mode :cry:
Hush:

If you are playing with stereo in Tuhopuu you might want to also include an option to adjust the seperation distance from the command line. (Raymond de Vries coded this for the company I worked for last year and it is invaluable when using stereo for Blender)
If I get working stereo mode I will check this :wink: , thanks

by the way..I have downloaded a version of tuhopuu2, but it hasn't options to setup stereo mode :?:

I'll keep tring :twisted: I want to see my game in stereo mode :evil:

thanks!! :D

alien-xmp

Post by alien-xmp »

Stereo options are in Game Framing Settings in Scene buttons.

When you run with hwpageflip, do your glasses start syncing to the display? If not, then you might want to check your config. If they do, then you need a newer build - there was a bug with the right eye matrix not being calculated correctly fixed recently.

mataii

Post by mataii »

alien-xmp wrote:Stereo options are in Game Framing Settings in Scene buttons.

When you run with hwpageflip, do your glasses start syncing to the display? If not, then you might want to check your config. If they do, then you need a newer build - there was a bug with the right eye matrix not being calculated correctly fixed recently.
Thanks alien-xmp, I've trying the tuhopuu2, but only the mode hwpageflip is not working properly, the syncdoubling mode, anaglyph and side by side are working, check the pics below:

SideBySide is working
Syncdoubling too...
Anaglyph too.. too weird.. this it to use the color glasses? red and blue?
and hwpageflip.. this mode I need, but is not working.. in the post some user told me something about the camera rotation.. but there are no options in blender.. maybe in the command line.. did you know?

and, where can I find a build of tuhopuu2 to Irix? I only found a windows version, and I only have hardware to irix :roll:

well, I'll keep trying, thanks for the response :P

levon

Post by levon »

has anyone actualy noticed that although it displayed 2 images, both are exactly the same?? so there isnt any 3dedness to it at all.

mataii

Post by mataii »

levon wrote:has anyone actualy noticed that although it displayed 2 images, both are exactly the same?? so there isnt any 3dedness to it at all.
The pictures of sidebyside or syncdoubling aren't the same for each eye :P

check it with guide lines

pildanovak

Post by pildanovak »

yes!!! thanks for returning and enhancing the stereo

alien-xmp

Post by alien-xmp »

Hos has a recent tuhopuu2 IRIX binary here: http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/tuh ... ips.tar.gz

You can't take a screenshot of hwpageflip, because each eye is on different frames. You run hwpageflip with:
blenderplayer -s hwpageflip game.blend
Do the glasses start syncing when you do this?

Hos might have hacked hwpageflip into blender in that build, I'm not sure.

halibut

Post by halibut »

levon wrote:has anyone actualy noticed that although it displayed 2 images, both are exactly the same?? so there isnt any 3dedness to it at all.
They as much the same as the view from your right eye is the same as the view from your left eye.

halibut

Post by halibut »

They are as much the same as the view from your right eye is the same as the view from your left eye.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Testing the two builds recently released on "Testing builds" :
the Blender2.34 version works correctly in page-flip stereo on hardware Opengl WindowsXP machine ie. Quadro FX2000 (actually Softquadro4 modded GeforceFX5900XT). The Tuhopuu version doesnt work in pageflip stereo on this machine. Though side by side and vertically interlaced do. One can check sidebyside on a shutter glass viewing system by doing a screengrab and loading the image into Stereophoto Maker. The midAugust Tuhopuu build I tried did work in pageflip.

On an non-hardware opengl machine eg. geforcefx say, with latest drivers and nvidia stereo software, stereo should only work in fullscreen mode with directx games etc. On this configuration machine this Tuhopuu version works in sidebyside mode ok.

If people are interested in softmodding Geforce cards to Quadros to get hardware OpenGl pageflipping stereo capabilities on Windows machine they should read the threads on Guru3d -- Rivatuner forum

alien-xmp

Post by alien-xmp »

Do you have a new enough tuhopuu2 that prints screeds of hardware debug info to the console on startup? What does it say about stereo?

Also, there is a bug in the X11 (IRIX/Linux) stereo window creation that probably goes back to 2.25, and is fixed in CVS.