How does the new version work?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

MafuDG

How does the new version work?

Post by MafuDG »

In the older version (2.25) I could set an object to be an actor and to be dynamic, then assign mass, etc. In this new fangled version I cannot figure a thing out! Can somebody help me?

mataii

Re: How does the new version work?

Post by mataii »

MafuDG wrote:In the older version (2.25) I could set an object to be an actor and to be dynamic, then assign mass, etc. In this new fangled version I cannot figure a thing out! Can somebody help me?
First you have to create a world, and then select a physics system.. ode, sumo.. etc.

First go to shading (F5), then select World buttons, and in the Mist /start/physics tab, select one of them.

go to logic bricks (F4) and it should work.

MafuDG

Thanks

Post by MafuDG »

Thanks a bunch, but what is this ode that you speak of? I only see Sumo.

Then again, I'm running the Linux version. Perhaps I need to install something or it isn't there?

z3r0_d

Re: Thanks

Post by z3r0_d »

MafuDG wrote:Thanks a bunch, but what is this ode that you speak of? I only see Sumo.

Then again, I'm running the Linux version. Perhaps I need to install something or it isn't there?
nope, that is just the way it is

currently, the bf-blender tree only has solid, tuhopuu2 has ODE and several other options there [they are very experimental still]

you can still set an object to be dyanmic and stuff, but like in 2.25 you need to make it an actor before the dynamic button shows up. unlike 2.25 you need to choose a physics engine in order for the actor button to show up