Blender Web Plugin

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

rcas

Blender Web Plugin

Post by rcas » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:04 pm

When will we see the Web Plugin updated and working ok ?
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.

kAinStein

Post by kAinStein » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:04 pm

If then it probably won't be in the near future. There's only one developer working on the game engine, don't know if there are ppl working on the plugin itself. AFAIK that part won't be developed in the near future because it'd be a lot of work to develop various versions of the plugin (different browsers, different OSs, etc.)...

gabio

Post by gabio » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:44 pm

there was a mail about that, some guys from apple or a 3rt party plugin that talked about supporting blender engine.

cederom

Post by cederom » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:52 pm

hello, where are the web-plugin sources?

gabio

Post by gabio » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:41 pm

cederom wrote:hello, where are the web-plugin sources?
In the CVS, along the blender source. Though it's no more compillable now.

chimpoid

Plugin development

Post by chimpoid » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:00 pm

I was showing the boss a game in progress that I have been developing outwith work with a workmate.

He was interested in the web plugin and had asked me to find out about the development as he would like to see it kept up to date.

He thinks that he might be willing to look at working on the plugin development as it could be beneficial to the business to have it in a stable state.

I will post as soon as we get something more firm decided.

Chimpoid

rcas

Post by rcas » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:01 pm

It would be really nice to have the Web Plugin working and up to date.
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.

bryantrueno

Post by bryantrueno » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:00 pm

yea, i really wish itll get updated cos im utilizing that plugin on my website so I can show people my work in progress character in 3D. http://vtx3.homelinux.com/bryan

chimpoid

Post by chimpoid » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:28 pm

The earliest possible start for development work would probably be late in February/March.

I am guessing that the devlopment is going to be targeted in stages (Windows, Linux, Mac) in order to create the largest possible user base as work progresses.

At present though it is still in the planning stages and it may be that an alternative will be used (Shockwave) for interactive 3D although there are numerous benefits to getting the blender plugin running.

Until such times as our programmers get a look at the structure of the plugin it won't be possible to say how long it woudl take to get a first stable version out and if that would be viable for the business.

Expect news, good or bad, over the coming weeks.

Chimpoid

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:08 am

I too would like if the plugin was updated, but I didn't want to ask to put stress on kester(the one game engine dev)
my boss doesn't want to use the 3d web plugin because he saw it was not supported and now we are evaluating other software =\

If I were experienced enough I would most defenelty be coding but I'm still learning qbasic in school and python at home and I'm kinda slow. maybe in a year or too.

kakdila

Post by kakdila » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:54 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if one day (not to far) the browsers (firefox, i.e...) will be able to read realtime 3d without any 3d plug-ins, with a standard format like X3D for example (like it will be soon maked for svg in firefox).

and if the devellopers of Blender are thinking to make the blenderGame scenes exporting to a format like X3D (or other format if there is some thing better, i'm talking about X3D because i saw that devellopers are allready working on this format with for .blend file, and X3D is linked to xml so it's should be a gook think?)

Do you know somethink about that?

-------------------
sorry for my english, i don't speak it very well

halibut

Post by halibut » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:37 am

kakdila wrote:Hello,

I would like to know if one day (not to far) the browsers (firefox, i.e...) will be able to read realtime 3d without any 3d plug-ins, with a standard format like X3D for example (like it will be soon maked for svg in firefox).

and if the devellopers of Blender are thinking to make the blenderGame scenes exporting to a format like X3D (or other format if there is some thing better, i'm talking about X3D because i saw that devellopers are allready working on this format with for .blend file, and X3D is linked to xml so it's should be a gook think?)

Do you know somethink about that?

-------------------
sorry for my english, i don't speak it very well

This is what vrml was supposed to be,

I think this is not really going to happen any time soon. 3D GUIs do not work well. And I think 3d games etc is not a large enough market to come with the browser. On the otherhand, flash is very popular, so I don't know.

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:39 pm

Karamba!
Bart.

http://www.area42.de/

Blender Feature Proposal:
http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:51 am

thats nuts bart!!! this will be a great help =D

kakdila

Post by kakdila » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:16 pm

I new that the X3D exporter exist but is it abble to export the interactivity maked whit blendergame logicbricks and phython scripts ?

i think that whit the recent new speed of adsl, 3d on web is going to became a very important think
and that it be a very good think for gameblender file to be read easyly without having to install the specifique blendergame web plug-in because most of people don't like to install new plug-ins especially if it is not known

for this reason i don't think that a web designer could propose to a web site with blender web plug-in to a client

is gameblender file were reading easyly on web, Blender could easyly became a very popular soft for "proffesionnal" designer, otherwise it whil be defficult to use it for "proffesionnal"

firefox is a open source soft, why the devellopers of blendergame will not work whit firefox devellopers to make a plug-in for firefox or X3D for other browser instead of working on a "owner" blender plug-in

?

---------------------
sorry for my bad english speaking :?