fly around blender world?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bobbens

fly around blender world?

Post by bobbens » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:08 pm

Anyone know a template for making a "game" where you just fly around a world? This would be for a visualization of a LIDAR model. I have all the terrain done and modeled, but would like to be able to "fly" around the terrain (no collision) to be able to see and study the terrain i have from different agnles, anyone know a template or something i can use to get this done easy and fast? I've tried a walkthrough thing, but i don't get any textures, just wireframe and the "viewer" just falls through the ground or dissapears. Thanks for any ideas.

indigomonkey

Post by indigomonkey » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:44 am

To start with, you either need to immediately press <space> to put the walkthrough in fly mode, or to turn the gravity physics off for the camera (or its empty).

bobbens

Post by bobbens » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:46 pm

indigomonkey wrote:To start with, you either need to immediately press <space> to put the walkthrough in fly mode, or to turn the gravity physics off for the camera (or its empty).
Will try again, but the <space> key didn't do anything. Can you remove colision detection?

ch

Post by ch » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:24 pm

what's with STRG+F in Object-Mode
http://www.web-play-3d.de
German site with Blender Tutorials

bobbens

Post by bobbens » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:16 pm

ch wrote:what's with STRG+F in Object-Mode
???

kidb

Post by kidb » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:05 pm

bobbens wrote:
ch wrote:what's with STRG+F in Object-Mode
???
CTRL-F

HEC

Post by HEC » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:17 am

Hi bobbens,

Here is an example that may be useful.
It's a city and you can drive around but if you change the value of damp to 1 (F4) when you have selected the camera it will work for your purposes...if not...you'll figure out from here.

www.surteratec.com/libre/muestra.rar

Keys:
q: look down
w: go up
e : look up
arrow keys: fwd, bkw, turn left or rigth

Saludos. Hec.

bobbens

Post by bobbens » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:15 pm

HEC wrote:Hi bobbens,

Here is an example that may be useful.
It's a city and you can drive around but if you change the value of damp to 1 (F4) when you have selected the camera it will work for your purposes...if not...you'll figure out from here.

www.surteratec.com/libre/muestra.rar

Keys:
q: look down
w: go up
e : look up
arrow keys: fwd, bkw, turn left or rigth

Saludos. Hec.
Thanks, it's great, muchissimas gracias. Just three little things i need, how can i run it without the card, without "gravity" and with textures on. I have to be able to visualize the terrain so i can get a geological study done. Thanks alot!

kniffo

Post by kniffo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:27 am

Actually it would be a phantastic idea to have a default pan and rotate mode like in every other engine. You should be able to switch to Script-Mode where you react to the inputs that you defined.

I find it very annoying that I have to creat these inputs evry time again when I do a new game engine project.