Making explosion dynamics

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Mazin

Making explosion dynamics

Post by Mazin »

Forgive me, but I'm kind of new to Blender having migrated from other 3d packages. I'm using mostly with an eye on making some games.

Right now I've been playing around with thte physics, and I wanted to make a game that mostly consists of launching objects thru goals with high explosives.

What's the best way to make bombs to would adequetely propel an object? Would it be a type of force or something? And I need to figure out the game logic, with the interface, etc. Any help is appreciated.

mataii

Re: Making explosion dynamics

Post by mataii »

Mazin wrote:Forgive me, but I'm kind of new to Blender having migrated from other 3d packages. I'm using mostly with an eye on making some games.

Right now I've been playing around with thte physics, and I wanted to make a game that mostly consists of launching objects thru goals with high explosives.

What's the best way to make bombs to would adequetely propel an object? Would it be a type of force or something? And I need to figure out the game logic, with the interface, etc. Any help is appreciated.

mmm.. Just create the grenade object, and when it hits some surface (material or property detection) add a object plane with an image secuence of explosion.

The objects react to the explosion because an sphere object created at the same time of the grenade impact, this sphere has a curve ipo, from too small to normal scale, it may depend of your objects

check the video

http://mata.nolachifles.com/zcon.rar

I hope it helps