CrystalBlend Status

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jorrit

CrystalBlend Status

Post by jorrit »

Just a little note about status on CrystalBlend. It has been a bit quiet from my side lately but that's because I have been busy with other Crystal Space related stuff and also for CrystalBlend Full (integrated version) I was waiting for Blender 2.4 to be released.

For CrystalBlend Lite (the version that is available now) I plan to continue soon. My first task will be to fix it to be 64-bit clean. I now have a 64-bit system and if I don't fix that then it will be hard for me to proceed. The major issue I'm having on 64-bit is that the code to read .blend files assumes that pointers are 32-bit. Once that is done I can proceed with the further work on it.

For CrystalBlend Full I would like to find developers who can help me setup a first working test-case of an integration of CS with Blender. That means that we need to make a Blender version that allows loading of the Crystal Space dynamic plugins. That would be the basis for the CrystalBlend Full project. I'll talk to Ton about getting a seperate branch in Blender CVS for this.

Pages for Crystal Space and CrystalBlend: http://www.crystalspace3d.org

Greetings,

an-toni

Post by an-toni »

sounds great,

we discussed the branches at the meeting and this is certainly one project that will have one.

i guess you have seen what the ppl that have been cleaning for 64bit blender builds have done?

~Toni

jorrit

Post by jorrit »

an-toni wrote:sounds great,

we discussed the branches at the meeting and this is certainly one project that will have one.

i guess you have seen what the ppl that have been cleaning for 64bit blender builds have done?

~Toni
Actually no. I noticed that there were mails on this subject on the list but I didn't follow it too closely.

Greetings,