Some more 2.4 bugs

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Rebel

Some more 2.4 bugs

Post by Rebel »

Thanks to all for the hard work in developing the latest version. I have a Pentium 4 3Ghz with a GE Force 5700 256 meg graphics card. When I run a previous game created on 2.34, the moving objects using IPO's become jerky when using a follow camera. The sound has also been effected and seems to follow the jerky movement. The key press functions now seem to have a press and release function as well.

I have also tested the IPO's in animation....no game engine. Something has changed. I tired running the old "skinny guy jump.blend" file, and it looks nervous! What has changed? I have even tried creating a new program with 2.4, and an object using an IPO and a follow camera is also not smooth. It smooths out by using "enable all frames" but then this does not work when you create a runtime program.

Please consider my comments as feedback and not criticism. I LUV Blender!!

Keith

erwin

Post by erwin »

There are lots of issues indeed. To compensate, perhaps you want to try this new build and gfx demos:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... indows.zip

http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... 241gfx.zip

The graphics features look like this on a NVidia 6600 GT.
Erwin

UncleZeiv

Post by UncleZeiv »

are you kidding? and does multi-material also mean multple uv-channels?

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Thanx for the reply Erwin, and thanx a lot for your ongoing work on the game engine. I'll have a look at those files that you mentioned. I have a lot to learn about all of this. Most of my work has been a IPO animations in the GE, and it has been really useful. I have a new project now where I need to steer an object around and use a follow camera, so it would be nice to get it all smooth again.

I figured out how to steer my model around with the joystick input without any Python or any programming. I'm not talking about ON/OFF steering but "almost" analogue steering. I'll post a thread on it soon. Thanks again.

Keith

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Thanx for the reply Erwin, and thanx a lot for your ongoing work on the game engine. I'll have a look at those files that you mentioned. I have a lot to learn about all of this. Most of my work has been a IPO animations in the GE, and it has been really useful. I have a new project now where I need to steer an object around and use a follow camera, so it would be nice to get it all smooth again.

I figured out how to steer my model around with the joystick input without any Python or any programming. I'm not talking about ON/OFF steering but "almost" analogue steering. I'll post a thread on it soon. Thanks again.

Keith

snail

Post by snail »

UncleZeiv wrote:are you kidding? and does multi-material also mean multple uv-channels?

Hey,
Its possible to have a second set. It needs to be set manually though.

Code: Select all

import GameLogic

co = GameLogic.getcurrentController()
obj = co.getOwner()

m_i = 0
mesh = obj.getMesh(m_i) # There can be more than one mesh...

while mesh != None:	
  for mat in range(mesh.getNumMaterials()):
  	for v_index in range(mesh.getVertexArrayLength(mat)):

texvert = mesh.getVertex(mat, v_index)
        texture_unit = 1 # (0-2)
        coords = [1.0,0.0]
        texvert.setUV2(coords, texture_unit)

m_i += 1
	mesh = obj.getMesh(m_i)
here are some docs which include other mapping methods per material/texture.

Thanks,
Snail

Armyman

Post by Armyman »

what docs???

What does the function .setUV2() do?

I know it takes two arguements(coords, texture unit) but how are uv coords fit into a simple two item list [x,y] ?

Does this script give every single vertex the same point on the coord plane? Or does it add 1 in the x direction?