The Blender Sword of the Monkey - Permission to Release it.

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Pekka

The Blender Sword of the Monkey - Permission to Release it.

Post by Pekka » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:55 am

Hello Blender Team and thanks a lot for a nice program.

During the tuturial for Blender, I made your sword and I like it a lot really and I want to release it in a mod (plugin) for Morrowind really but I need your permission first for 2 reasons.

1. It is your design.
2. It is your mascot the cute Monkey Suzanna that is attached to the sword.

The Blender Sword of the Monkey.

If I get the permission, i will change the textures, writing the name of the sword with old Nordic Runes, fix a pattern at the tilt that is similair to this sword:

(Wrong texture at the grip here though)

Right texture at grip
Pekka, the player of Vanaondelia
-admin edited signature: no images allowed-

an-toni

Post by an-toni » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:42 pm

seems cool!

as Blender is GPL, and Suzanne is included, you probably just have the right to use it in basically whatever way. but you must just publish the enhancements you make to it if you distribute it, and perhaps derivative work too .. so i think that as long as your .blend is downloadable and the model is distributed with a link to the source or something, it should be ok.

but i am not a lawyer.

~Toni

Doc_Holiday

Post by Doc_Holiday » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:36 pm

Hell, that look great! ... Your Sword too! :D :D
I asked a similar Question some Time ago: here
No one was angry to me till now. So i think it's ok to use it. Sword of the Monkey is a cool Name for it. Some Ornament Textures would be good on the Handhold.

But how many Polys does it have? You've used Suzanne 4 times, right? It have raw 500 Verts. So i hope You've did some work on it, to get it more Lowpoly. :D Most Details get lost anyway, because they are very small.

But what the Hell did You do with Morrowind? Is this the Better Bodies PlugIn? I did not notice that the Game looks so great in the meantime.
Greez, Doc

Pekka

Post by Pekka » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:28 pm

Thanks for your replies. I will include the blend file with the package as well. Hre is the final result.

The Blender Sword of the Monkey.

I have to addjust the handle later for the one hand version.

It is very hard to see what is written at the sword in game so I place the textures here too. It will be fun to see if anyone else then me can tell us what is written at the blade and the tilt? *grins*

Textures are of course made with Gimp

Pekka

Post by Pekka » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:57 pm

Doc_Holiday wrote: But how many Polys does it have? You've used Suzanne 4 times, right? It have raw 500 Verts. So i hope You've did some work on it, to get it more Lowpoly. :D Most Details get lost anyway, because they are very small.
I havent tweaked it at all. Maybe it will lag on low end machines but it dont lag for me at all in game.
Doc_Holiday wrote: But what the Hell did You do with Morrowind? Is this the Better Bodies PlugIn? I did not notice that the Game looks so great in the meantime.
Greez, Doc
Well it is Better Bodies and one of UQF's Head that I am using and Aleannes armour and my own shields that I made specially for Aleannes Armour. http://hem.bredband.net/sjostrand/Morro ... Armor.html

There is loooads of cool plugins for Morrowind, over 4000 as far as I know. Bethesda claims there is a milion mods but where are the other 995000 ones then? Maybe in Japan, France, germany and Korea then as we will never see their plugins. We are a couple of plugin makers that hangs out at Canadin Ices forum so if you want to see more what we have done with Morrowind, then feel welcome to peek there. Do you plan to play Oblivion by the way?

I recollored the Tilt as I felt something looked weird. This should be the final version.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:47 pm

The Blender Sword of the monkey?

Looks about the correct letter frequency and many of the letters look like their english equivalents.

LetterRIp

Pekka

Post by Pekka » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:10 pm

You are right. I used the youngest mid evil runes, The young Futhark which was used here after Viking age untill 100 years ago. I really love the look of our old runes and I will probably use them more often if I can or if they fit that is.

http://www.canit.se/~griffon/diverse/runes/futhark/ (English to the right side)

It was common to write things as I did at the tilt. Vikings worked as Lifeguards for the Sultan of Konstantinopel and there you can read stuff like "I was here" and so on at some statues and top of walls, probably written by some bored vikings.

johndoe1957

Business help in China

Post by johndoe1957 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:33 pm

I am new at this and I'd ask someone to help me with advice. I applied as recruiter manager at JobQueen, they promise to pay $87,000.00/year. I would like to know if they are for real and if they are how can I get quality sales reps in China. I didn't list the domain because promoting something is forbiden in most forums. So if you want to help me out please contact me direct at my email:
kimwongshu@yahoo.com