Frame dout?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Saluk

Frame dout?

Post by Saluk » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:26 am

I noticed this a while ago, but I figured it was some normal thing. Blender is constantly printing this out to the console, and I can't help but wonder if it is affecting the framerate. Whenever I print anything out from python the framerate goes down, so I would think this might happen here as well. Was this a debug print that was left in by accident, or does it actually mean something?

mpan3

Post by mpan3 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:48 am

Actually i think it's printing that because the frame rate IS low. I only get those messages if the game runs at an extremely low framerate, for example, at less than 10. ANything above that and the text disappears.

However, i can't tell you what exactly it means because i don't know.

Saluk

Post by Saluk » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:05 pm

Well I know what it means and that it only prints when the framerate is low. Unfortunately, printing debug messages at ALL is going to slow the framerate down even more - plus it pushes all of my own debug prints off the screen making it really difficult to debug my own scripts. This print is highly irritating, and I'll bet that the framerate would be higher without it. (Not much higher, but noticeably so).

Besides, you can tell by the framerate counter what the fps is - why do we need an extra print in the command window?

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:23 pm

it is possible that it is code that wasn't meant to be left on,

LetterRip