Animation Problem

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Nayshun

Animation Problem

Post by Nayshun »

I'm pretty new to the animation side of blender and can't figure out how to stop a certain thing from happening.

I have a nice character that I made and I wanted more to work with in the animation. So naturally I duplicated the character and changed the colors on the new character.

My problem occurs when I Loc an animation key, then move the frame to the next location for the next key, the character that I had previously duplicated snaps back to the exact location of my original character.

Please help me solve this problem.

Thank you

SirDude

Post by SirDude »

You should ask these sorts of questions on the user forums (top link on the forum index). These forums are for blender development.

From what you have described I'm guessing when you duplicated your object you also duplicated the ipo keys for it. You'll want to go into the ipo editor and clear the keys for your duplicate object.
(use x to erase them)

SaltyOREO

Post by SaltyOREO »

Try this, make a start keyframe <hit i> and then move to the next keyframe set and THEN move the character. After that, hit i again and do another keyframe. You can playback your animation(s) by hitting alt-f4

Hope i helped,
Brandon Engle

Nayshun

Post by Nayshun »

Either one of those suggestions sounds good but for now I am just reappending the character. This is working just fine.

Thanks for the help

P.S. next time I'll get it on the right forum thanks for telling me. :D