newbie, maybe: how to double a 360° camera turnaround

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

m.ardito

newbie, maybe: how to double a 360° camera turnaround

Post by m.ardito »

Hi,

i know how to parent a camera to a circle-path and make it track a central target. i get the two constraints.

by making the path length = animation frames i have ONE full turn around my scene, no problem.

well, how am i supposed to do if i want an animation with TWO (or more) turn around the scene? do i have to double the path? :)

should i do it an 'action' (how?) and then double it?

HELP!

m.ardito

Post by m.ardito »

HI! i reply myself :D

i find a way but i'm not completely satisfied. will i ever be?

it is possible:
- place an empty at the center of the curve path, INSTEAD of the curve path.
- parent the camera to the empty
- animate an empty rotation with ipokeys for every turnaround you wish, the camera will follow it.

but...
what if i want an "ellipse" turnaround (not a circular one) or a n "irregular but close" path to be repeated twice or more?

kaeru

Post by kaeru »

Start a new scene , add your bézier circle and the camera .
Parent the camera to the bézier circle (follow path).

With the bézier circle selected , open an ipo window and change the ipo type from object to path , then draw (ctrl+lmb) a new ipocurve by putting the starting point at 0 and an ending point at 1 relatively to the vertical graduation.

You'll have to edit this ipocurve if you want the camera to move slower or faster on the curve , or if you want to add a fixed number of turn.

If you want the camera to loop forever , just change the interpolation method in the Curve menu --> extend mode --> cyclic.

Peace :-).