Is domino's possible in 2.46 and up?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

keffertjuh

Is domino's possible in 2.46 and up?

Post by keffertjuh »

-In the few guides I can find on making a domino's animation, it's done in 2.42, where you can click dynamic and rigid body at the same time...
But in 2.46 and up...it's in the same popup menu, which only allows one of both to be used...
Now if I wanted to make a domino's animation....What should I do to get the effect going? Because I can't make them fall over at impact, while that's the whole domino's concept...

-Oh and I just saw something else I can't find in the 2.46 up: mid anim color changing...How to do that? It's in the anim box which shows what u got put onto your object, but I don't get it when I press 'I' for anim action...
May the LOL be with you!!!!

m.ardito

Re: Is domino's possible in 2.46 and up?

Post by m.ardito »

keffertjuh wrote:-In the few guides I can find on making a domino's animation, it's done in 2.42, where you can click dynamic and rigid body at the same time...
But in 2.46 and up...it's in the same popup menu, which only allows one of both to be used...
try to set them to rigid body, with bounds convex hull
it works for me
keffertjuh wrote:-Oh and I just saw something else I can't find in the 2.46 up: mid anim color changing...How to do that? It's in the anim box which shows what u got put onto your object, but I don't get it when I press 'I' for anim action...
did not understand...

:) Marco

joeri

Re: Is domino's possible in 2.46 and up?

Post by joeri »

keffertjuh wrote: -Oh and I just saw something else I can't find in the 2.46 up: mid anim color changing...How to do that? It's in the anim box which shows what u got put onto your object, but I don't get it when I press 'I' for anim action...
Move the frame to the frame you need to Insert a keyframe and then press "I" to actualy insert the keyframe.

So to change a red object to a blue object:
1. Goto Frame 1.
2. Make the object Red.
3. Put the mouse over RGB sliders
4. Press I > select RGB

5. Goto Frame 25.
6. Make the object Blue
7. Put the mouse over RGB sliders
8. Press I > select RGB

You have now created an IPO with 3 curves. One for R, one for G and one for B. To see the curves open a IPO window and select the Material view in the Popup button in the header.

keffertjuh

Ok...

Post by keffertjuh »

Ok i figured out the color thing...Thanks for that one...Teached me about the existence of many more ipo keyframe possibilities... :)

But when it comes to domino's...I understand how to make them fall using P now, but is it possible to make them fall using alt+a, so the same way as P, but in the form of an animation?...

Anyone?

Dream forgotten

Re: Ok...

Post by Dream forgotten »

keffertjuh wrote: But when it comes to domino's...I understand how to make them fall using P now, but is it possible to make them fall using alt+a, so the same way as P, but in the form of an animation?...
why yes! its is a great feature in blender. it allows you to record the motions of your games to the IPO editor (comes in handy when trying to make a demo) on the menu bar (file, edit, game ect) click 'game' then go to 'record game phisics to IPO'... then it will run through the game (slowly as if baking) so be prepared to be patiant. but after that, you can render the animation, add neat camera effects, and other fancy pants stuff :D have fun

keffertjuh

;)

Post by keffertjuh »

OK thanks dude I'll sure give it a try soon enough ;)