Totally stuck and completely clueless

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

LoveNicole

Totally stuck and completely clueless

Post by LoveNicole »

Hi guys.

I just started using Blender to alter some animations for my Oblivion game, and I run into a problem that I cannot get rid of. First of all, I have python 2.5.2, PYFFI and Blender 2.4.8a installed.

I import a skeleton.nif from Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_Male path, along with an animation (.kf file) attached to it. I made some simple adjustments like chaning the FPS from 30 to 75. (My intention was to shorten the length of it playing).

Now when I try to export the .kf file from the newly altered skeleton.nif, but all I get was a warning stating:"Non-UV texture in mesh 'cube', material 'material'. Either delete all non-UV textures, or in the shading panel, Materials Button, set texture 'Map Input' to 'UV'"

I tried the original skeleton.nif along with the animation .kf file, and tried to export, and it is still not working.

Any comments please?

Thanks

alarionfirn

Re: Totally stuck and completely clueless

Post by alarionfirn »

LoveNicole wrote:"Non-UV texture in mesh 'cube', material 'material'. Either delete all non-UV textures, or in the shading panel, Materials Button, set texture 'Map Input' to 'UV'"
Did you give this a try?

LoveNicole

Re: Totally stuck and completely clueless

Post by LoveNicole »

alarionfirn wrote:
LoveNicole wrote:"Non-UV texture in mesh 'cube', material 'material'. Either delete all non-UV textures, or in the shading panel, Materials Button, set texture 'Map Input' to 'UV'"
Did you give this a try?
I tried setting texture map input to UV, and then it asked me to finish all the textures... then I am stuck.

However, I did achieve what I wanted after a few days of searching, then I used NifSkope and found the control variables for animation length, I shortened it and the frequency, then it is all fine.

Anyways, this is resolved for now, though I would still like to know abt the meaning of the warning message and how to do it. Thanks